cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2 Tax Rules

Magento 2 Tax Rules

I'm wondering if I can set up tax rules by manufacture in M2 or is the an extension or code that we can use to customize an integration? 

We have a warehouse in Colorado but we'll also drop ship from about 150 manufactures.  For example, I'm wondering if I can set up a tax rule for True Manufacturing in Missouri to charge tax on all True products to Missouri customers since True has nexus in Missouri.  All other manufactures do not have nexus in Missouri so there would be no other tax rules for Missouri for the other manufactures and their respective products.
Basically, can I set up tax rules by manufacture by state for their respective products?  We are considering integrating with TaxJar to calculate the rates.  

In the drop ship scenario, we should not collect tax on most orders.  Only when the manufacture has nexus, we would collect tax on the order and pass it to the manufacture.  We plan to use TaxJar for the calculations but need a system to collect tax in the drop ship scenario.  
Can I add tax rules in M2 for a specific manufactures product in a state?
Set it up like this for True Manufacturing ?

Stores
Tax Rules
Add New Tax Rule
Tax Rule Information
MO Sales Tax for True Manufacturing (Name)
add new tax rate
MOTruetax (Tax Identifier)
then select all 
* (any zip code)
Missouri
USA
8.5% (rate percent)
save

select
MOTruetax
open Additional Settings
Retail Customer (Customer Tax Class)
True Taxable Goods (add new Product Tax Class) 
0 (Priority)
Save Rule

Products
Catalog
go into each True product and select MOTruetax (Tax Class)
Save
(go to System, Cache Management, Flush Magento Cache)

Will this allow tax to be only charged to True Manufacturing products and no other manufactures products in Missouri?

Thank you
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Magento 2 Tax Rules

@michaelatgradysThis should work. Did you configure and tested it?

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

Re: Magento 2 Tax Rules

I haven't yet.  Our development is that far along yet.  No SKUs or cart to test.  Thanks