cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2 login not working

Magento 2 login not working

I was trying to login magento 2(locally installed) on chrom browser but failed. On firefix it is working.  As we comment some cookies param lines in magento 1.xx is there any way to comments line to solve these issue?

And 2nd after installing magento 2 the admin panel menu not working for me (I have installed without sample data) and there is no js error in console. is this my installation error or anything else?

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Magento 2 login not working

My admin menu isn't working, either.  The only thing that works are the account links at the top, the dashboard menu button on the right and the Reload Data button.  I am also on a local installation.  Please let us know if this is a problem with the install or if this is a known bug.

After installing Magento 2 in Windows under Xampp, if your admin and front end link’s are not working, please follow the below steps to fix the same…

1. Remove everything, except .htaccess file from pub/static folder
  2. Open up app/etc/di.xml find the path “Magento\Framework\App\View\Asset\MaterializationStrategy\Symlink” and replace to “Magento\Framework\App\View\Asset\MaterializationStrategy\Copy”

Note: Remove entire files and folder under pub/static except .htaccess file.

Thank so much for helping me. This worked for me!

Any ideas what went wrong and this happened ?

Thank you so much ....Smiley Very Happyit helped me.. it works well now Smiley Very Happy

Most Welcome Smiley Happy

My Magento 2.1 customer dashboard is not loading when I click to login.

I tried into server but still not able to login into magento 2 front end

Hello,

I am facing more problems here with Magento 2 and Magento2.1.  Sometimes My storefront doesn't work. I am not able to add any product to shopping cart. Sometimes it says product has been added but its not showing in cart. It shows you don't have any item in your cart.   Also I am trying to modify my payment plugin to Magento2 and I can not see my payment plugin to checkout page. 

Can someone please help me in this regards? I will really appreciate your help. 

Thanks,

Namita

Once run following commands via command line

rm -rf var/di var/generation
php bin/magento cache:clean
php bin/magento cache:flush
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
php bin/magento setup:di:compile
php bin/magento indexer:reindex