cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailchimp Customer Fields Mapping: add custom field in magento section

Mailchimp Customer Fields Mapping: add custom field in magento section

Hi all,

I'm trying to understand how I can add other fields (also custom fields) to Magento column of the Customer Fields Mapping of Magento extension (as shown in the image attached).

How I can add other fields? Do I need to add a customer attribute?

For example I would like to set the zip code, but there isn't in the Magento combobox.

Thanks in advance

mailchimp.png

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Mailchimp Customer Fields Mapping: add custom field in magento section

Hello @marzio_pulcini 

please create a new field on Mailchimp and resync it and check it

Problem solved? Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!
Sunil Patel
Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer & Frontend Developer

Already done, but I'm talking about "Magento column" (the second one, not the first one)

Hello @marzio_pulcini 

as per code, it is fetching all attribute

https://github.com/mailchimp/mc-magento2/blob/develop-2.3/Block/Adminhtml/System/Config/Form/Field/V...

Sunil Patel

Hi Sunitel,

thanks for your assistance, so I it will load all customer attributes?Am I right?

@marzio_pulcini 

yes you can do it and if help you then mark as solution

Sunil Patel

Hi there.. how are you doing @Sunil Patel 

I've been wondering if you can help me find a solution to insert a new field to be sent to mailchmp list.. let me clarify!

I've created a module that inserts the NAME and TELEPHONE to newsletter_subscriber table in the database, everything works real fine, and my custom Newsletter Subscriber Form is saving this data in the right tables. But my question here is, how can I insert these custom columns to merge with mailchimp fields, as far I'd searched in mailchimp module files, I've got that the HELPER DATA is getting attributes for Customer and Customer Address, but there is no helper to get subscriber data or I've just dont seen yet.

I hope that I've clarified my doubt, I just need to find a way to include this custom columns newsletter_subscriber's table to Mailchimp synchronization..

I've already tried extending the Observer:
mc-magento2/Observer/Subscriber/SaveAfter.php

But I dont get success, I believe I probably need to create a new helper to find this data using the email and returning the NAME and TELEPHONE.

Can you help to find a solution to my problem?!
I'm getting totally lost trying to include the custom NAME and TELEPHONE data that are already saved in newsletter_subscriber to mailchimp using MERGE_FIELD (mapping field) or any other good solution to send this information there.
Thanks!