cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mode:show stated developer, admin ui states production - saves to logs like it's in developer

SOLVED

Mode:show stated developer, admin ui states production - saves to logs like it's in developer

I am very new to magento and have been following the googled answers to most of my questions. I cannot find an answer to this one tho.

When I do a php bin/magento deploy:mode:show . it states it is in developer mode.

However, when I go into Admin UI-stored - configuration-advanced-developer , it states I am in production mode and will not let me revise the setting for logging.  

Magento is saving to my logs and I wish to turn that off.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on?  Are there any config files that could be overriding this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Mode:show stated developer, admin ui states production - saves to logs like it's in developer

Hi @shelby_watson

Glad to know that you have resolved your issue !

Happy to help and keep heping !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Mode:show stated developer, admin ui states production - saves to logs like it's in developer

Hi @shelby_watson

Which Magento 2 version are you using ? 2.1.x or 2.2.x ?

2.2x
I found in env.php that is stated mode was developer, but when I commented that out my website crashed with messages it could not find the media.
So I put it back in. :-)

Hi @shelby_watson

ok i understand the problem you are facing !

Well when you run the command - php bin/magento deploy:mode:show - you are seeing that its showing you developer mode !

Also when you open up your env.php file and over there also you are able to see mode is developer

that means you are actually in developer mode , on the backend the settings you are able to see its there in only developer mode only !

From magento 2.2x - if you are in production mode then you can not see the settings -> magento 2 admin->store->configuration->advanced->developer 

it gets hide when you are in production mode , so right now if this menu is visible to you then it means you are in developer mode only !

Just change the developer to production mode and check at backend this menu goes hide !

Even though you are in developer mode , few errors are always logs in log file instead of showing on the browser , only fatal error or syntax error kind of stuffs shows and displayed at the browser !

But if something related to try _ catch error like "Unable to save data ". so for this your error is logged in - log files only !

so you are currently in developer mode only and its working fine !

Hope it helps !

Thank You!!

Hi @shelby_watson

Glad to know that you have resolved your issue !

Happy to help and keep heping !