cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Site - Do I need a to create another website or another store?

Multi Site - Do I need a to create another website or another store?

I want to have a magento website for both b2c and b2b customers. Payment methods, shipping, transactional emails, product (because they are sold to consumers in single quantities to b2c rather than units of 6 to b2b) will be different for both sets of customer, but I want the same domain for both sets and the b2b customers can just go to the 'b2b Trade' page. 

Do I need another 'Website' set up in Magento for the trade customers or do I just need another 'Store' and 'Store view' set up?

My developer says I just need a 'Store' and 'Store View', but this document (https://docs.magento.com/user-guide/stores/websites-stores-views.html) says that "All stores under the same website share the same Admin and checkout". That means if I set it up as my developer suggests then my b2b store (which I would like the customers to have the option of b2b customers paying by cheque) would have the same checkout as my b2c customers.

Do I need another 'Website (along with a new store and store view)' created in Magento, or just another store like my developer says? 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Multi Site - Do I need a to create another website or another store?

Hello @preveo 

If you create the two sites, store, and store view then you can configure different prices for the products and payment method.

If you create the one site, store, and store view then you can't create the different prices for the products and payment method.

As I understand your requirement you need to create the two sites stores and store view.

Is the problem solved? Click Accept as Solution! & Click Kudos

You need to create 2 websites: for B2C, and B2B
- B2C site: 1 store, 1 store view
- B2B site: 1 store, 1 store view

Setup domain: same domain but different in-store code
- Navigate to Stores > Configuration > General > Web and find the Url Options section.
There you choose to Add Store Code to URLs selecting Yes from the corresponding select box and Save Config.

If issue solved, Click Kudos & Accept as Solution.
LitCommerce - The Most Simple & Affordable Multi-channel Selling Tool

Relatable topic, and very helpful replies.

Regards,

Innova Design Hub

Innova Design Hub