cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-Store Set up

SOLVED

Multi-Store Set up

Hi,

First time user of Magento and have decided to build a store on the M2 platform.

We are building 2 stores with 2 domains (.com and .ca) and before we start configuring the stores I am wondering if it is best practice to create both stores at once and add the extensions and data (inventory/customers/taxes...).

Or do we just create one store initially and then copy everything over.

We coming from a hosted platform that didn't have this ability so any answered would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Multi-Store Set up

Assuming that you will have a single Magento 2 install with 2 stores:

• Make sure that you understand the difference between website and store in Magento, website has a greater autonomy, most probably you need separate websites for US and Canada
  • Magento has common inventory, but you can select root category for each store if you have different products for different stores
  • You don't need to copy extensions across the websites/stores, you may just need to tweak the settings (select correct scope)
  • Some extensions may have domain-specific licences, check with vendors terms to use them in your case (in some cases it may be extended multi-domain licence, in some case you may need to buy 2 licences)

Alex Levashov, eCommerce consultant at Magenable
We help businesses to build and improve Magento stores

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Assuming that you will have a single Magento 2 install with 2 stores:

• Make sure that you understand the difference between website and store in Magento, website has a greater autonomy, most probably you need separate websites for US and Canada
  • Magento has common inventory, but you can select root category for each store if you have different products for different stores
  • You don't need to copy extensions across the websites/stores, you may just need to tweak the settings (select correct scope)
  • Some extensions may have domain-specific licences, check with vendors terms to use them in your case (in some cases it may be extended multi-domain licence, in some case you may need to buy 2 licences)

Alex Levashov, eCommerce consultant at Magenable
We help businesses to build and improve Magento stores

Hi!

I am witing you because I need to setup the following structure at Magento 1.9.3.3.

domain.com > default language (ES) and web navigation skipping /es/

domain.com/en/

domain.com/fr/

domain.com/it/

I want to navigate directly through domain when default language, avoid the /es/ directory.

How should I setup Magento store views?