cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Store configuration problem

Multi Store configuration problem

I have a situation where i need to configure two different websites, each has 1 store and 1 store view. Both website are using different domain (eg. web1.com and web1.us). I am trying to configure the URL under Stores > Configuration > General > Web. When i try to create a second website with custom url (eg. web1.us), the base URL of first website will shows same URL as the second website (with the option Use Default ticked). If i removed the 2nd website with custom base url, the first website will show correct base url.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Multi Store configuration problem

Hi, have you used the 'Store View:' drop down in top left corner of the Configuration screen to change to the new store view / website you want to change?  If so what level are you trying to make the changes at?

Magento Solution Consultant at Inviqa (formerly Session Digital) - Leading Magento Gold Partner
My own blog - Think Commerce

URL are modified at Website level (same as our current production 1.9).

If you uncheck "Use Default" you should be able to modify that store view's URL.  Any new websites you create default to the "Default Config" website settings.  I hope that helps!

i understand that we can change it. but my understanding from 1.9, once we change on the website level, the store view level should follow its parent, not the global default.