cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-Stores & Country / Language Specific, Different Prices?

SOLVED

Multi-Stores & Country / Language Specific, Different Prices?

I understand the concept of Multi-Stores, but concerned about geo-specific domains and prices.

We sell the same items worldwide, but want to target certain countries buy registering country specific domains, e.g. .ae, .qt, .jp and .cn etc, or would it be easier to use a sub-domain for each country? This means that each shop will have local language support, local pricing, delivery costs and local taxes.

Can this be achieved out of the box or will we need to install extra extensions to add relevant functionality?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Multi-Stores & Country / Language Specific, Different Prices?

HI @Chinwag,

Yes, you can achieve your requirement which you mentioned using one magento installation.

You need to create only one website, multiple stores for each county and multiple storeviews. 

I hope it will help you!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hey @Chinwag 

You can achieve these things using default magento. No need for custom extensions. 

You need to identity your needs then you create structure of your magento website. 
Because website/store/store view have some limitations. 

If you want different price then you need to set multi website because price can be set at website level or global. 

If you want to use single base currency and different currency for different store the yon use single website and multiple store view, in this case currency will converted using currency rate. 

One more thing, if you want different shipping method and payment method for each then you should use multiwebsite setup. 

For more info:
https://docs.magento.com/m2/ce/user_guide/stores/websites-stores-views.html

I hope it will help you!

@ChinwagWhat you are looking for can be achieved by off the self Magento easily. You need to be aware of limitations of store view, store and website. It is nicer to have separate domain for target the local traffic. Means create separate websites to manage pricing, payment and shipping. You can club couple of countries together which speak same language and have same currencies or currency value.

If you have multiple offices / location to provide the access of specific country / website to your team, you can look for a plugin like advance permissions. Using such plugin you can give access of particular website to a particular person which is not available in default Magento.

Problem solved? Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

Thank you @Vimal Parihar and @Tarandeep Singh I've narrowed down the requirements for our new website using the latest Community Edition.

• Prices will be the same for each country / area.
  • Delivery cost will be based on postal country (our own plug-in).
  • Payment will via PayPal.
  • Each country / area will have a different language.

I only really want a single installation of Magento. Can I only install once and would i need to, create a "website" for each country / area? Would I need to register a domain for each country / area? Or just create a "Store" for each country / area?

Thank you again and best wishes.

HI @Chinwag,

Yes, you can achieve your requirement which you mentioned using one magento installation.

You need to create only one website, multiple stores for each county and multiple storeviews. 

I hope it will help you!

Thank you once again @Vimal Parihar, can I just clarify that I would only need, for instance for UAE shop, 1 Store and 1 StoreView from a single website installation?

Best wishes.

Yes, correct!

Hi @Chinwag how's your multi-stores website, which solution did you go?

If you want to control prices differently across stores at multiple locations, you'll need having multiple store websites serving different domains. For example, exampleshop.com for US market, exampleshop.com.au for Australia market and etc. It gives you the best customisation to control price, shipping costs, and stock ability differently across regions. 

Additionally, with multiple sites setting, to avoid customers get lost, you could auto direct your visitors to localised stores. Bring visitors relevant store seamless could increase conversion rates. Here is a tool worth checking out: Geo Redirect.

It detects your visitors' geolocations by IP and auto redirect them. For example, if a visitor is in Australia, he goes to exampleshop.com, it will auto direct him to exampleshop.com.au.

The tool is easy to set. No code is necessary. You can set redirecting rules within a few steps. Magento platform is perfectly supported.

Hope it helps!

You could create different subdomains for all of the counties you want, but there is no need to do so if you could just create multiple store views.

The Magento 2 allows you to set the language for each of them and using the right modules automatically displays content and prices in customer local currency based on geolocation. And the Magento functional allows you to configure shipping methods and taxes for each store view out of the box.

So basically you just need to create multiple store views assigned to one store.

Here are the interesting article and modules that might come in handy:
https://magefan.com/magento-2-geoip-switcher-extension
https://magefan.com/blog/how-to-create-multi-language-store-in-magento-2