cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-store

SOLVED

Multi-store

Hello,

I need to have one product catalog but need to have multiple front-ends (per country).

Each country shares same catalog, same base prices, same shipment rules, same languages (english, french, german), but the featured products, promotions, banners, domain, are different per country.

The customer database and order database can be unique as well.

What would be the best Magento 2.2.4 approach in terms of Websites/Stores/Store Views setup in order to avoid the work maintaining duplicated products, duplicated views, duplicated pages, etc.?

Thank you in advance.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Multi-store

1. Each country shares same catalog, same base prices, same shipment rules, same languages (english, french, german), but the featured products, promotions, banners, domain, are different per country.

Answer:

Create Different Store from Main website, Main website is default comes with magento native.

For Each country you need to set different store so you can share same catalog, same base price,same shipment rules and store wise language. 

For Store wise you can set different url if you want from Stores -> Configuration -> General -> Web 

set Base Url for Base Link Url your store.

2. The customer database and order database can be unique as well.

Customer database remains same for single website because you cant split customer database for different store from one website. Order Database is also remain same but order id for the different store will be different.

3.but the featured products, promotions, banners, domain, are different per country.

You can set Feature products, promotions banners will be keep different using Static block and CMS page with set Store view scope settings.

you need to Use GeoIP extension for keep featured product, promotions banner to use separately for a separate country. Otherwise you need to create store for a different country so you can easily manage Static block and CMS page based on store wise.

If Issue Solved, Click Kudos/Accept As solutions. Get Magento insight from
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

View solution in original post

==> You need to create multiple website and based on that you have to set different catalog for each website.

Feedback: I can set Blocks and CMS pages per Store view to advertise promotions but the actual seting of featured products and promotions is global; what is exactly the extension that I can trial seting promotions (coupons) and featured products per Store ?

==> By default Product catalog is global so you can access those catalog from any store/store view from site. You can create multiple website for display(unique) catalog for each view. 

Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

By default Price changes only at Website level not for store level. Magento doesn't provide store level price changes options. If you want to change price at store level, you need to install extension https://bsscommerce.com/magento-multistore-pricing.html

Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

10 REPLIES 10

1. Each country shares same catalog, same base prices, same shipment rules, same languages (english, french, german), but the featured products, promotions, banners, domain, are different per country.

Answer:

Create Different Store from Main website, Main website is default comes with magento native.

For Each country you need to set different store so you can share same catalog, same base price,same shipment rules and store wise language. 

For Store wise you can set different url if you want from Stores -> Configuration -> General -> Web 

Customer database remains same for single website because you cant split customer database for different store from one website. Order Database is also remain same but order id for the different store will be different.

3.but the featured products, promotions, banners, domain, are different per country.

You can set Feature products, promotions banners will be keep different using Static block and CMS page with set Store view scope settings.

you need to Use GeoIP extension for keep featured product, promotions banner to use separately for a separate country. Otherwise you need to create store for a different country so you can easily manage Static block and CMS page based on store wise.

Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

Thank you a lot. I will test the approach and share the result.

Hi,

Thanks again for your help. Please read lines marked as feedback.

Answer:

Feeback: Yes, it works.

Feedback: I can set Blocks and CMS pages per Store view to advertise promotions but the actual seting of featured products and promotions is global; what is exactly the extension that I can trial seting promotions (coupons) and featured products per Store ?

==> You need to create multiple website and based on that you have to set different catalog for each website.

==> By default Product catalog is global so you can access those catalog from any store/store view from site. You can create multiple website for display(unique) catalog for each view. 

Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

Hi. Thanks.

But, I don´t want to duplicate effort of maintain multiple catalogs. Products and base price is the same for all stores so having one website it works but cart rules, price rules vary per store but these configs I can´t set per store, only per website, correct ? So, Magento can´t meet my requirements.

No, You can't need to maintain multiple catalog, You need to keep those products which need to display on specific store from set product to that website only.

Keep all the products to set with all store by default and keep only featured product to specific website. Because by default Magento Manage catalog as website level  so either you can  create multiple website or create any logic that will display specific products to only specific store view.

Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

I tried to follow https://docs.magento.com/m2/ce/user_guide/catalog/catalog-price-scope.html and set price scope to web site. According to documentation I could set a diferent price per store but it does not work - if I set a price for store A, it changes price for store B. The documentation is wrong ?

"If the price configuration is set to the website level, the same product can be available at different prices in different stores" and see the picture in the documentation; in the website on the left the product has one diferent price per store.

By default Price changes only at Website level not for store level. Magento doesn't provide store level price changes options. If you want to change price at store level, you need to install extension https://bsscommerce.com/magento-multistore-pricing.html

Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

Thanks a lot for the help.

For the prices per store. I created, as you suggested, multiple websites (one per country) and assigned all website to the product. Then, I could set different prices per website without having to multiply the same product.

I market the correct answers as solution.