cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Payment Gateways under single Magento Admin

Multiple Payment Gateways under single Magento Admin

Hi,

We are developing a B2C website application, where we are showing almost 500 stores in Store Locator.

We need the cart checkout on behalf of stores selected by user. 

How do we add the multiple payment gateways, say for example, multiple Paypal Accounts, so that when the user selects the Store A, payment checkout will be done by their Paypal Gateway.

When the user selects the Store B, payment checkout will be done by their Paypal.

We do not want to create multiple stores.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Multiple Payment Gateways under single Magento Admin

I can see 2 ways of potentially doing this:

1) Set up a different Web Store for each seller. By default, when you select a different Store View in the admin, you'll be able to enter different information into the payment gateway, like PayPal. In a general sense, this would be my preferred method since it's using native Magento, however, there would be drawbacks to having 500 stores in a single Magento instance.

2) Integrate an extension to make your store operate like a multi-vendor Marketplace. There are some options in the Magento Marketplace: https://marketplace.magento.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=marketplace#q=multivendor%20marketplace&idx=...

The potential benefit here is that you may be able to use 1 Web Store, but allow for many PayPal accounts to be used, paying different vendors/sellers for items, shipping, and taxes associated with them. You may have options to do this with one general store, or by creating Seller Stores where the vendors each have their own store page.

Best of luck!

Thanks a lot Robert.

You said there would be drawbacks to having 500 stores in a single Magento instance.

Can you please elaborate, if possible.

Also, any recommendation on multi-vendor marketplace.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Avinash,

As you add new stores, it will add to the database. It can also create some challenges from a purely administrative perspective. For instance, you traditionally toggle between these stores in the Magento Admin settings through dropdown lists, and select which stores products will appear in through checkboxes. It would be a challenge in terms of both server load and admin UI/UX. I've never tried to add quite that many stores, but I'd welcome other members of the community to weigh in.

In regards to the multi-vendor extensions, if they're in the official Magento Marketplace, then they've undergone basic code review by Magento. 

Webkul appears to have made a base MultiVendor Marketplace extension, and then several addon extensions. They seem to have some Store Locator capabilities that you could work with, which from the details in your original post, might be helpful: https://marketplace.magento.com/webkul-module-marketplace.html

Some of their add-ons include features like allowing sellers to use their own PayPal accounts through PayPal Adaptive Payments. https://marketplace.magento.com/webkul-marketplace-paypal-adaptive-payment.html To the best of my knowledge, PayPal is deprecating adaptive payments, and now onboarding select sellers onto PayPal for Marketplaces, so it's something that you might want to discuss with WebKul.

The extensions from CreativeMinds: https://marketplace.magento.com/cminds-module-marketplace.html

and eCommerce Bricks: https://marketplace.magento.com/ecombricks-module-vendor.html

both seem to offer for you to similarly use PayPal.

I have not used any of these M2 Extensions myself, so I can't endorse any of them one way or the other.

While I realize that you still have some research and testing to do, hopefully, both the solutions that I've suggested and the additional feedback on potential drawbacks to these solutions will enable you to proceed. I have limited insights into your goals for this Magento project, but your use case is custom (certainly not a standard/basic eCommerce business).

Best of luck!

Robert 

To add to this question. Is it possible to add multiple payment gateways to the same Magento store.  In the instance of one gateway crashing (worst case scenario) and the merchant needs to quickly re route to a second gateway to avoid losing business.

Yes! You can setup multiple payment methods in the Magento admin, and turn them on or off at will. This can include multiple options that the shopper can choose between. Examples include PayPal / Braintree, Authorize.net, CyberSource, First Data, WorldPay.

The issue would be trying to set up multiples of the same payment gateway with the same store (ie. many PayPal accounts within one store). That's where my original post comes into play.