cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Payment Method Set up Bugs and Failures.

Paypal Payment Method Set up Bugs and Failures.

Hi,

I am trying to add paypal as my payments processor.

the screen is this one.

Initially, I added it in, and enabled it (purple).

However, when I tested the checking out process, it failed due to the Paypal password being wrong.

Lets take a look at the screen above.

The input fields API Username and API password have been truncated to a mere 6 characters.  Now when I entered these initially (and saved them), they were both FAR longer, at around 20 characters each or thereabouts on the screen, but when I go back into the screen, they are chopped.

So where have my credentials gone - why is it not saving the full string?  Is this why my password fails at Checkout time?

Moving down the screen input fields, we notice a file upload area for the certificate.  Whilst this seemed to work when I uploaded, you can see that the file name has been changed to the odd ",,4,0" string.  Is this normal?  The file I uploaded was actually called "cert_key_perm(1)".

Now lets take a look at the green circle.  As you can see, it highlights a "please wait" message.  As I am now trying to de-activate / delete / clean up this mess - however - I am waiting forever - the system NEVER returns.  It is basically hung.

Does anyone know if magento CE supports paypal?  Why are the username and password fields truncated?  Why is it hanging?  Where is my certificate filename?

Most importantly perhaps, what do I do now?

Cheers All

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Paypal Payment Method Set up Bugs and Failures.

How to diagnose the "Please Wait": https://mage2.pro/t/278

Hi,

Although I have been programming industrial grade systems for over twenty years (on various platforms), I am new to Magento.

I will take a look at the diagnostics, but am concerned about the poor quality of Magento CE based on my reading here.

Without being impolite, and perhaps based on my "newness" to this application, may I ask.... "do companies actually use this for their live production e-commerce solutions"?  (referring to CE).

From a newbie perspective, this code seems incomplete and badly written.  Although it may be just me causing it to crash?

Hi - thankyou for the advice there.

The following is a combined image with two reports.

The top is the trace immediately after I switch the "Enable this Solution" option to No (with the intention of disabling it for now whilst I sort this out).

The next is the result when I click save at the top and this causes the permanent wait message.

Any advice appreciated.

How to fix the problem of loading css and javascript files? https://mage2.pro/t/259

Hi, Sorry - I don't understand.

Ok - I wrote to the hosting company to sort it out, here is their reply to the permissions issue.

"This server runs SuPHP so this advise doesn't apply in this case.  All that's needed is that your user on the server owns the files and they have sufficient permissions (the web server itself doesn't ever need to access them due to SuPHP).  I've enforced that now.  Can you let us know if you're seeing any issues?"

The system now allows me to save the details in terms of it not "hanging" - but the passwords are wrong.

I will start a new thread on that one - as I am suspecting a bug relating to the code or DB within Magento rather than a server config error of some kind.

Nobody can pay with paypal on my site for about a week now.

COnsidering all other bugs, I think i will be downgrading to magento 1.9 this afternoon if I do not find a solution for paypal to work until then.