cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with attribute filter

SOLVED

Problem with attribute filter

Hello,

I have a problem with filterable attributes in Magento 2.3.2-P2. I have several attributes with filterable results and they all work fine but every filter on the second place in the filter list does not return any results. It is not a problem with the attributes because when i change the attributes form sort order 1 to 2 and 2 to 1 then the filter what first was on place 2 and now place 1 works and the attribute what was working on place 1 does not work on place 2. Attributes an other places like 3, 4 etc work fine.

Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem? Also changing the view.phtml to a standard file has the same problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Problem with attribute filter

Solved the problem.

The problem was caused by the names of the labels of the attribute.

I have different attributes in different attribute sets in different category's and some attributes have the same label. This caused this problem. After renaming the labels to other values all problems are gone.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @speerio,

We need to know exactly, what you looking for? Did you mean the position of filters in attributes or entire attributes position? kindly show the screenshot it would be better to find the solution.

Best regards

Madhuresan
Bootsgrid

Hello @madhuresan_ramanan ,

I will explain more about the problem i have with the product filters on category pages. (the problem is the same for all categories with different filterable attributes.

As example:

I have a category with several filterable attributes for example:

Sort order 1: Attribute "Size"  This gives the correct products when use this filter

Sort order 2: Attribute "Color" This gives no results when use this filter

Sort order 3: Attribute "Product type" This gives the correct products when use this filter

Sort order 4: Attribute "Stock status" This gives the correct products when use this filter

Now when i change the sort order of the attributes this will be the result:

Sort order 1: Attribute "Color"  This gives the correct products when use this filter

Sort order 2: Attribute "Size" This gives no results when use this filter

Sort order 3: Attribute "Product type" This gives the correct products when use this filter

Sort order 4: Attribute "Stock status" This gives the correct products when use this filter

or this:

Sort order 1: Attribute "Color"  This gives the correct products when use this filter

Sort order 2: Attribute "Product type" This gives no results when use this filter

Sort order 3: Attribute "Size" This gives the correct products when use this filter

So whatever Attribute i set on sort order 2 gives no results.

Its a strange problem and i can't figure out what causes this.

Solved the problem.

The problem was caused by the names of the labels of the attribute.

I have different attributes in different attribute sets in different category's and some attributes have the same label. This caused this problem. After renaming the labels to other values all problems are gone.