cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with translation i18n

Problem with translation i18n

Hello,

I have a problem that I can't solve with magento translations, I am trying to translate the Magento_Customer module using i18n: collect-phrases (I would like to avoid using inline translation since I am in a development environment and would then have to bring everything to production, as well as being much more chaotic the management).

I have followed several guides and the steps I have done are:

bin/magento i18n:collect-phrases --output "app/design/frontend/Zemez/theme137/Magento_Customer/i18n/it_IT.csv" app/design/frontend/Zemez/theme137/Magento_Customer

folder is create correctly and I put in that my translation key in this format:

<english words>,<italian words>

bin/magento setup:upgrade

bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy

bin/magento c:c

bin/magento c:f

I have tried in all ways also clearing the browser cache or opening it anonymously but the terms are not translated.

I also did the test with all the terms of the theme by creating a generic i18n folder:

bin/magento i18n:collect-phrases --output="app/design/frontend/Zemez/theme137/i18n/it_IT.csv" app/design/frontend/Zemez/theme137

The translated terms never appear on the frontend.

I am a noob about magento translations, if you can give me a hand I would appreciate it.

magento version : 2.3.2

Thank you in advance for your answer

p.s. maybe there is some place in the magento code where i have to say where the dictionary is?