cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Products Added Via the API Don't Show in Category Until I Hit Save in the Admin Console

SOLVED

Products Added Via the API Don't Show in Category Until I Hit Save in the Admin Console

I added 12 products through the API, and reindexed and flushed cache several times over the course of about 1-2 days, but the items never showed in the category page. After experimenting, I discovered that if I visited a product in the admin console and hit save (no changes). Then run indexer:reindex catalog_category_product and flush the cache, they appear. But only for the ones I manually visited in the admin console, and hit the save button.

What is the admin console doing that the API does not? I have thousands of products to add, and it will take too long to visit every product in the admin console and click save.

We're using Magento 2.3.2 on the Adobe cloud.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Products Added Via the API Don't Show in Category Until I Hit Save in the Admin Console

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Products Added Via the API Don't Show in Category Until I Hit Save in the Admin Console

Hi @theMageComp ,

Thanks for your reply. I'll double-check that this morning and let you know if it was the issue. I was able to see the products on the one and only site we have when I went to the item via /catalog/product/view/id/{id} but again, I'll double check it and let you know.

@theMageComp , that was it! I didn't see that param buried in extension_attributes. Thanks!