cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Products in Category - How to only view Configurable Products in list.

Products in Category - How to only view Configurable Products in list.

I have a customer complaining about the "Products in category" view in Magento 2.

The customer is claiming that the older version of Magento they were running (1.7) had the option to only display configurable products in the list that shows up under "Products in Category".

I have not been able to find a setting that enables this in Magento 2, however. Does anyone know how this can be solved?

See the image below to see the columns available in the Products in Category view on the mentioned customer website. How can I add columns or configure this list view?

Skjermbilde 2017-11-03 kl. 11.14.55.pngSkjermbilde 2017-11-03 kl. 11.14.55.png

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Products in Category - How to only view Configurable Products in list.

Hi @goodies,

As you said taht filter isn't available out of the box.

If you want to get that filter, you will need to override the class Product located in /vendor/magento/module-catalog/Block/Adminhtml/Category/Tab/Product.php.

The _prepareColumns method has de columns definition.

I've made a simple test to answer and I've got this:

Assign products to categoryAssign products to category

As you can see, I've got the column.

So I guess you can follo wthat approach (but using a preference or a plugin as approach to override the class and not changing the core one).

Thanks, that was a helpful reply but what do you mean whan you say I should use a preference or a plugin to override the class? Are there any preference settings anywhere in Magento Admin, or perhaps any available plugins that will help me sort this out for me?

Hi @goodies,

Sorry, I didn't add links. I was talking about technical solutions:

1. Preferences
  2. Plugins

Oh, ok, I was hoping there would be a ready made plugin to help me handle this Smiley Happy 

Thanks for the assistance, it seems as though it is a bit too complicated for me to try this right away but I'll do some research one the sites you linked me to and see if I can sort it out 

Hi

This is possible using my software : Product Manager for Magento

Maxime Coudreuse, developer of Product Manager for Magento: User-friendly product editor with customizable grid interface and category tree for Magento 1 and 2