cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Products not able to add throws error

Products not able to add throws error

My products are not getting added It is throwing below error

The value specified in the URL Key field would generate a URL that already exists.
To resolve this conflict, you can either change the value of the URL Key field (located in the Search Engine Optimization section) to a unique value, or change the Request Path fields in all locations listed below:
for/by-collection/moon/moon-light.html
for/by-collection/moon/moon-light.html

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Products not able to add throws error

Hi @tippanna_pawar 

Yes, that is correct ! URL-KEY is the unique field when we add any new products into the Magento.

So if you have added any product previously and the same url-key exists then it will throw this error.

So keep URL-KEY as unique and your error gets resolved.

Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

But in earlier in 1.9 added products with same name on different sku,amount,quantity,color etc .

without having any issue it is saving products also by default it is generating different product links.

So i need to implement same here auto generated links. It that possible.?

Hi @tippanna_pawar 

I understand the solution you are referring to for m1 and yes maybe at that time you have implemented customization in your m1 setup.

If you want a similar kind of solution yes that is available and following I am sharing the reference link - which will generate different URLs for same product name.

https://www.cadence-labs.com/2017/11/magento-2-fix-duplicate-url-key-for-categories-and-products/

Refer the link and follow the steps mentioned in it !

It will resolve your issue - hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Thank you for support. my issue not resolved I have installed extension as per the post. run the commands but it is throwing same issue