cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promo code conditions

SOLVED

Promo code conditions

Hello,

I have a promo code: CCM23. We need to use a promo code as it will be handed out to customers at a trade show we are attending. 

If the subtotal is greater than 249.99, we are offering free shipping + 15% off the order. This is all working perfectly.

My question... if the customer enters the promo code but is spending 249.98 or under, can we still give the 15% off but exclude free delivery?  

Ideally I want to do this all under one code, but it doesn't look possible?

Thanks! 

(Adobe Commerce ver. 2.4.4)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Promo code conditions

Your intuition is correct.

You can have the discount, and also free shipping for certain items (and not others). However, the mechanism for deciding which items will be shipped for free uses information like the product category, product attribute, item price, or item quantity to decide if Free Shipping is triggered. This is good for limiting free shipping to items that aren't oversized, heavy, being dropshipped from a supplier, or otherwise not going to align with Free Shipping. 

If this Free Shipping won't apply without a coupon, your best bet would typically be to create two coupons. For example:

Promotion Code A) Get 15% off your order

Promotion Code B) Spend $250+, and get 15% off your order + Free Shipping

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Your intuition is correct.

You can have the discount, and also free shipping for certain items (and not others). However, the mechanism for deciding which items will be shipped for free uses information like the product category, product attribute, item price, or item quantity to decide if Free Shipping is triggered. This is good for limiting free shipping to items that aren't oversized, heavy, being dropshipped from a supplier, or otherwise not going to align with Free Shipping. 

If this Free Shipping won't apply without a coupon, your best bet would typically be to create two coupons. For example:

Promotion Code A) Get 15% off your order

Promotion Code B) Spend $250+, and get 15% off your order + Free Shipping

Thanks for your confirmation Robert.

My pleasure!