cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding Multi Source Inventory

Question regarding Multi Source Inventory

Hey there,

I'm using Magento community edition.

I would like to define two different Inventory Sources in 2 different EU countries. When a customer orders a product does Multi Source Inventory automatically pick the cheapest available source? From what I read, this feature might only be available in the Enterprise Edition?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Question regarding Multi Source Inventory

@Maximilianf310 

Multi-Source Inventory doesn't pick the cheapest available source automatically in Community Edition. If you have assigned multi-source inventory in the Community Edition then you have to select the inventory source for order shipment time manually.

If you find our reply helpful, please give us kudos.

A Leading Magento Development Agency That Delivers Powerful Results, Innovation, and Secure Digital Transformation.

WebDesk Solution Support Team

Get a Free Quote | | Adobe Commerce Partner | Hire Us | Call Us 877.536.3789

Thank You,

WebDesk Solution Support Team
Get a Free Quote | Email | Adobe Commerce Partner | Hire Us | Call Us 877.536.3789

Hello @Maximilianf310 

You can configure the source with the address and the location. after that with the use of Google API and Magento's default feature, the system will pick the shortest distance source for the delivery. to configure that please check the below link.

https://blog.magezon.com/how-to-configure-distance-priority-algorithm-in-magento-2-msi-mgt/ 

Based on the above feature you can reduce the shipping cost of your product delivery.

If my answer is helpful full then please set the accept solution flag and kudos flag so other members can take the same reference.

@Maximilianf310 wrote:

Hey there,

I'm using Magento community edition.

I would like to define two different Inventory Sources in 2 different EU countries. When a customer orders a product does Multi Source Inventory automatically pick the cheapest available source? From what I read, this feature might only be available in the Enterprise Edition?

Hello Maximilianf310,

In Magento 2, the Multi Source Inventory (MSI) feature allows you to manage inventory from multiple sources or locations. However, the automatic selection of the cheapest available source based on price is not a built-in feature of MSI. The MSI feature itself is available in both Magento Community Edition (CE) and Magento Enterprise Edition (EE).

AdditionallyThe main purpose of MSI is to provide inventory management for multiple sources and facilitate stock management, order fulfillment, and tracking across different locations. It allows you to define different sources, track inventory quantities, and allocate stock from the appropriate source when fulfilling orders.

While MSI does not include automatic selection based on price, you can implement custom logic or extensions to achieve such functionality. For example, you could develop custom code or use third-party extensions to calculate the cost of products from different sources and choose the cheapest option during order processing.

Additionally, it's worth noting that MSI is available starting from Magento 2.3.0 and has received various improvements and enhancements in subsequent releases. It's recommended to refer to the official Magento documentation or consult with a Magento developer to understand the specific capabilities and options available in your version of Magento CE and to explore suitable extensions for your desired functionality.