cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving 2.4 Offline Payments

SOLVED

Receiving 2.4 Offline Payments

We're on 2.4 and have an issue that I can't find a solution to.

We need to reflect when a customer pays by an offline method so we can keep track of these and mark an order closed or complete.

With a credit card transaction, there's not just easy tracking of the payment, but once invoiced and then shipped, a transaction moves into Complete status.

With a cash or check payment (or other offline payment method like Net15, etc), we don't see a way to mark the transaction Complete or Closed, and of course there's no field to mark the transaction with any info for tracking.

The first part is more critical - marking it Complete or Closed. The second part, tracking info is less important.

Is there a solution for either one?

Thank you,
Mike.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Receiving 2.4 Offline Payments

Thanks for your response.

It turns out that we were looking at different status'. I added some State and Status entries and was able to handle marking which orders from which sources were paid, and how the payment was made.

Since I hadn't worked with Status and State before, I wasn't aware of how those needed to be handled.

Thank you,
Mike.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello @Mike L - SJC 

I am not sure how you are doing, but I have Magento 2.4 and it's working fine me.

First you receive order then status = pending

you create invoice of order then status = processing

then you ship the order then status = complete

Let me know if still have any confusion.

Problem Solved ? Click on 'Kudos' & Accept as Solution ! Smiley Happy

Thanks for your response.

It turns out that we were looking at different status'. I added some State and Status entries and was able to handle marking which orders from which sources were paid, and how the payment was made.

Since I hadn't worked with Status and State before, I wasn't aware of how those needed to be handled.

Thank you,
Mike.