cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redirect admin to same page as session timeout instead of Dashboard

SOLVED

Redirect admin to same page as session timeout instead of Dashboard

Is there a way to be redirected to the same page you were timed out of in the admin section? 

Say if I am in the Category page and I get a session time out I would like to go back to the Category page instead of the Dashboard. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Redirect admin to same page as session timeout instead of Dashboard

Hi @shane_mccarthy 

No, there isn't any way to get back to that page where you have been left off due to session expiry.

However, I have two options which can fulfill your up to a certain level of your requirement.

1. Increase the Admin Session Lifetime (Seconds) from current 900 to anywhere between one year (max is 31536000). That way, you will at least increase your session time out.
  2. Change the configuration of "Startup Page" from the current "Dashboard" to the page you like to see every time you log into the admin.
These both settings you can change by navigating to Store -> Configuration -> Advanced -> Admin -> 
Startup Page 
OR 
Secutity -> Admin Session Lifetime (Seconds) 

Hope it helps to the maximum extent!
Found the above suggestion helpful, hit the "Kudos" & Accept as Solution!

Thank you,
Rohan D.
Free & Premium Magento 2 Extensions

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Redirect admin to same page as session timeout instead of Dashboard

Hi @shane_mccarthy 

No, there isn't any way to get back to that page where you have been left off due to session expiry.

However, I have two options which can fulfill your up to a certain level of your requirement.

1. Increase the Admin Session Lifetime (Seconds) from current 900 to anywhere between one year (max is 31536000). That way, you will at least increase your session time out.
  2. Change the configuration of "Startup Page" from the current "Dashboard" to the page you like to see every time you log into the admin.
These both settings you can change by navigating to Store -> Configuration -> Advanced -> Admin -> 
Startup Page 
OR 
Secutity -> Admin Session Lifetime (Seconds) 

Hope it helps to the maximum extent!
Found the above suggestion helpful, hit the "Kudos" & Accept as Solution!

Thank you,
Rohan D.
Free & Premium Magento 2 Extensions