cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling images in different formats (jpg, png, tiff, bmp, etc.), resolutions, aspect ratios?

Selling images in different formats (jpg, png, tiff, bmp, etc.), resolutions, aspect ratios?

Can one sell files (zip, rar, etc.), images, photos with Magento, e.g. with different resolutions, extensions / formats. e.g. jpg, raw, png, tiff, bmp, etc., aspect ratios?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Selling images in different formats (jpg, png, tiff, bmp, etc.), resolutions, aspect ratios?

Hi @Horace,

Yes, you can do that. I think you are trying to create a "stock photos" website, and you can do that by uploading the images with watermark as the "visible" image in the catalog. The products would be downloadable products, which means that the customer will be able to download the image without watermark when the order is placed.

Best regards.
Gabriel

Welcome to the Magento Forums. Remember to introduce yourself and read the Magento Forums Guidelines.

Re: Selling images in different formats (jpg, png, tiff, bmp, etc.), resolutions, aspect ratios?

Hello Gabriel,

Thank you.

That's good, and I can do it, selling images, without installing a special add on, I assume.

No, no, it is not a "stock photos" website (amongst that extremely strong competition...), I would try to create, but may be one offering sculptures, art installations and such made by my uncle and so at least some of my photos, when I try to create such website.

And, I assume I can sell images with all of those scripts shown here: https://www.magentocommerce.com/download. But I am unable to see, which one of the "Cummunity Editions" I should download, I would assume, this one on top: ver 2.1.2  - Added Oct 12, 2016. This version looks older (because of the 2.0.10): ver 2.0.10  - Added Oct 12, 2016. But, if it were, why should one use it yet?

And would I need that "Composer"?

And what is the difference between the "Cummunity Editions" and the other ones, the "Enterprise Edition"?

Many thanks again