cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling virtual products to specific states only

Selling virtual products to specific states only

The majority of the products we sell are virtual products we can only sell to certain states. Is there a way to restrict people from buying our products based on what state they live in?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Selling virtual products to specific states only

I don't believe that there's an out-of-the-box way, but here's one potential solution: 

Use a payment restrictions extension, like https://marketplace.magento.com/amasty-payrestriction.html, and set up a rule that will limit payment methods for certain products/categories/attributes by State. 

I've had success in using the Amasty payment restrictions extension in other use cases, but there are several payment restrictions extensions you could consider: https://marketplace.magento.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=restrict%20payment

Whether you go the extension route or not, hopefully, this at least gives you some good ideas of how to potentially achieve your goal.

Best of luck!

That Amasty extension only restricts for shipping address not billing address and since these are all virtual products there is no shipping address so that won't work.

Any other ideas? I am all ears. Thank you!!

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your interest in our Payment Restrictions for Magento 2 extension.

Our Payment Restrictions extension allows making restrictions in the billing section only by country and city. Unfortunately, it's not possible to limit by billing address (by states in your case) out-of-the-box. However, we could suggest you consider the Custom Development option for you. Could you please email our Customer Success Manager at anastasia.savich@amasty.com to receive more details regarding your request?

We're looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,
Amasty Team

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
230+ professional extensions for M1 & M2 with free lifetime updates!