cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up catalog

SOLVED

Setting up catalog

Hi,

I am setting up my first magento store and need some advice as how to arrange my catalog, i have the following products but not sure how to setup, I am using an extension for custom options. 

1. I have 43 Door styles.
  2. For each door style there are 33 glass options. (I have images for each door style, glass option and colour). 
  3. 24 colours for each door style, glass option.
  4. Hardware for Custom options as overlay.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Setting up catalog

Hello @fezmehrbaneac1 

Based on your requirement and product details you need to go with the configurable product instead of custom options.

Is the problem solved? Click Accept as Solution! & Click Kudos

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hello @fezmehrbaneac1 

Based on your requirement and product details you need to go with the configurable product instead of custom options.

Hi deep_popat,

Many thanks for your reply. 
Can I ask why you think configurable product instead of simple product with custom options as all research I have done points to simple product with custom options, due to the fact that I have hardware overlay images that are used over the main product image. 

Hello @fezmehrbaneac1 

It is easy to manage the product quantity and easy to modify the products data in future lave.

As of now, you can create the custom option but for the little change, you need to update much data as compared to the configurable product.

Hi deep_popat,

I forgot to add that every product is made to order so no need to track inventory.  Would you still go with configurable product? 

Also can I use custom options with configurable product? (I was thinking that if I use the colours as attributes then for the hardware overlay image use custom options….is this possible?)

Hello @fezmehrbaneac1 

You can manage the quantity of each variant of the configurable product easily.

Can you please give me an example of your second query?