cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settings disabled in admin gui

Settings disabled in admin gui

Added a new website with a new storeview but in the admin gui i cannot modify the

base url 

Base Link URL
Default Web URL

nor some other settings
like store email addresses
not on website configuration level and not on store view level, 

checkboxes to use higher level setting like default or website are disabled and can not be unchecked

i checked app/etc/config.php, because i read when config is dumped to that it disables a lot of settings, but that file already only contains the 'modules' section, not other settings I checked that. 
app/etc/env.php does contain some default settings
how can i enable use of the admin interface to change these settings

Thank you in advance for your help.

Note:

I also tried:
bin/magento config:set --scope=stores --scope-code=secret web/secure/base_url URL
did not seem to have an effect

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Settings disabled in admin gui

Hello @alexander_ps 

Please go to Stores > Configurations > General > Web 

On Left side expand URL options tab then set "Add Store Code to URLs" option as yes. After that, the store view code is added in the URL. So, You can open both the Websites by store view code. 

Regards,
Deep

i really want to be able to change the settings

Hello @alexander_ps 

Sorry, but I am not getting you. Have you face any problem. If you then please explain here.

If you get the solution then please, "Kudos" and "Accept as Solution" for Token of Appreciation.

for clear picture please have look attached screenshot, there all admin settings get disabled , unable to upload screenshot but you can see this https://prnt.sc/rf3rbi

Was this ever resolved? I'm encountering the same behavior in a fresh install of 2.4.

should remove config from app/etc/config.php then you will able to change it via admin

I am also facing a similar issue, 

is there any solution to this?

Thank you !!

Same problem after updating 3 sites to 2.4 from 2.31 site is okay the other 2 after initially working the ability to edit default settings stopped working for no reason

I realize this thread is old but I'm having a similar issue depicted in the screenshot, only I can't change Base URLs. Magento 2.4.3 on Commerce Cloud. Has anyone found a solution that is willing to point me in the right direction? Documentation explicitly warns against deleting the config.php. I am joining an existing project and I'm inclined to heed the warning.