cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping cost based on weight (Table rate vs shopping cart price rul)

Shipping cost based on weight (Table rate vs shopping cart price rul)

Ok here's the thing.

I have the following products

Product A: costs 4€, weight 1KG

Product B: costs 4€, weight 2KG

In an ideal enviroment I want the Product B to have 7€ shipping costs, and the product A 4€ shipping costs.

I've setted up tablerates as follows:

CountryProvincePostalCodeweight(and above)costs
NL**04
NL**27

Sadly, this doesn't work. It always results in the price being "4".

Lacking a solution so far, I've tried to think of something temporary. I tried the following Shopping cart Price rule:

For all customers

where ALL these conditions are TRUE

- Totalweight is equal or less then 1

Action: Discount of 3€, applied on shippingcosts

Thinking this would set all products with a weight of 1 and below, on 7€ (-3€ discount) so 4€

Sad part... It takes of 6€ instead of 3€, so for some odd reason it is applied twice (even with a single product in cart).

Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Shipping cost based on weight (Table rate vs shopping cart price rul)

Hi,

I think this document will be helpful for you. I used this document to configure my Table Rates Shipping method. It is working.

Hold on mate ;

Postcode wildcards do not function in magento 

You must make them per postcode 

so ;

NL,NH,1000 AA,0,4

NL,NH,1000 AA,2,7

NL,NH,1000 AB,0,4

And so on and so on

you can find all postcodes on internet, so just stuff them in a table, put your weight and price behind the data and use kopie paste

suc6

@Elan24, your guide results in the same problem

@edde_jong In the guide it says the following:

1. Zip/Postal Code: You can also make the shipping rule applicable for specific post/zip code by specifying the code. If you want to make the rule applicable to all post/zip codes then fill it with an asterisk(*).

So this isn't really helping, so far ;-) I'll try it this evening anyway, and post my results.

Hi,

I learnt how table rates shipping will work from there. I also checked this. It resulted in the same problem to me. But when changed the option to destination vs price it worked. Then, I switched back to weight vs destination it started working. I don't know what went wrong. But it started working after switching. If you find the real reason, Please post it here. It will be very useful.