cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping Cart Problem in Magento 2

SOLVED

Shopping Cart Problem in Magento 2

The maximum price per product within the shopping cart is set at $ 20, when the price of the product is $ 1252000, but when I put the price less than $ 20 in the product, it places its cost well inside the shopping cart. Some help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Shopping Cart Problem in Magento 2

Hi Ruben,

I'm a bit confused by the scenario that you wrote out (it sounds like you may have meant the minimum price per product, and not the maximum), but here are some thoughts that might help you meet your goals:

- On the product, you can use the Advanced Inventory feature to set a "minimum quantity allowed in shopping cart". So if you want the shopper to spend at least $20, and the product costs $10, you can set this field to "2", forcing the shopper to purchase at least 2 of the item.

- In Stores-->Configuration-->Stores-Stores--Minimum Order Amount, you can set a minimum order amount. If you set this at $20, shoppers will be able to add a $10 item to the cart, but they won't be able to check out with it. They'll get a message instead (which you can control).

Does this answer your question? or did I misunderstand? or are you using a Magento Extension that's supposed to be doing something different?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Shopping Cart Problem in Magento 2

Hi Ruben,

I'm a bit confused by the scenario that you wrote out (it sounds like you may have meant the minimum price per product, and not the maximum), but here are some thoughts that might help you meet your goals:

- On the product, you can use the Advanced Inventory feature to set a "minimum quantity allowed in shopping cart". So if you want the shopper to spend at least $20, and the product costs $10, you can set this field to "2", forcing the shopper to purchase at least 2 of the item.

- In Stores-->Configuration-->Stores-Stores--Minimum Order Amount, you can set a minimum order amount. If you set this at $20, shoppers will be able to add a $10 item to the cart, but they won't be able to check out with it. They'll get a message instead (which you can control).

Does this answer your question? or did I misunderstand? or are you using a Magento Extension that's supposed to be doing something different?