cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing products in stock/ out of stock without using inventory management

Showing products in stock/ out of stock without using inventory management

Hi there,

we are currently using magento 2.3.5. 

We want to use an external system for our stock management and therefor have to synchronize magento with it.

For the first versions of our shop we plan to only show items in stock or out of stock without managing quantities. Out of stock items should still be visible in the shop, but disabled to be ordered. Is there a way without depending on the quantities of the stock? 

1. If I disable stock management, cannot use in stock / out of stock either.
  2. My second idea was to use the backorders and allow them to be below 0. Then I can use the stock status and orders below 0 do not have any effect. Accept, that when it comes to shipment, the quantities are taken into account and I cannot ship below qty of 0. (Which makes sense, but with this idea, the problem isn't solved).

Any ideas how I can realize this?

If it matters: I want to update the stock status via REST API.

Best regards

Michaela

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Showing products in stock/ out of stock without using inventory management

Hi @michaelagl4259,

For your requirement I have just come up with Magent2 Pre Order Extension to order the out-of-stock items on your store when the item is not available for users in order to purchase so they can do Pre-ordering items before its arrival.

If my answer is helpful, then give me kudos and accept as solution

Best regards
Madhuresan

Re: Showing products in stock/ out of stock without using inventory management

Hi @madhuresan_ramanan,

thank you for your answer. Unfortunately, this is not the solution I am looking for. I just want to use the status in stock or out of stock without depending on the qty of the items. As long as items are in stock they can be sold, if they are not in stock, they can't be. Quantities will be managed by an external system, as well as the setting of the status in stock or out of stock. Pre-ordering is not yet necessary. 

Best regards

Michaela