cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Site name appearing as prefix in meta title incorrectly

Site name appearing as prefix in meta title incorrectly

Hi there,

We're currently having an issue where the name of our site is appearing as a prefix in the homepage meta title in the search results like this example: Site name: Homepage | Example Meta Title

The prefix field in the admin where this can be configured is empty and the meta title is appearing in the html of the page as we would like it to be displayed. But this isn't the case when you view the site in the search results.

Unsure if this is an SEO issue or an issue with Magento. Any advice would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Site name appearing as prefix in meta title incorrectly

Hello @radiator_glasgo 

I do not properly understand your issue. But I think you need to go to 

Content >Elements > Pages then edit the home page.  

Then change the meta information here https://prnt.sc/r1ntmj.

I hope this will solve your query. If my solution is work for you then, Please set Kudos flag. 

Regards,
Deep

Thanks @dipmegpro ,

Unfortunately, this didn't work as a solution.

The meta-information field you mentioned is already filled out the way we would like it to be displayed in the search results.

The issue is that the meta title is appearing in the search results with the site's brand name appearing before it (as in my original example) and that isn't something we have added to the meta title. We don't want it to display this way and we're unsure why it is displaying this way.

Thanks.

Hello @radiator_glasgo 

Can you please give me screenshot and site details for this issue?

Regards, 
Deep

Hey @dipmegpro,

Thanks for your reply.

I have included a screenshot of how the site appears in the search results. The incorrect part I have been referring to is the prefix of 'Floorworld:' as we did not include this when writing the metadata for this page, nor was it included in the admin options for adding a prefix to all meta titles on the site.

The meta description is displaying as it should so I have not included that.

Any suggestions as to why this is happening would be appreciated as it is taking up precious character count in the meta title that could be used for something better.

Thanks

SERP result.JPG

Hello @radiator_glasgo 

Have you added that word in any description or linking for that product. if yes then you have to remove that and wait to for again carolling by the google tool. I suggest you to take advice from SEO expert for that. 

Regards,
Deep