cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specifying flat rate shipping for a specific coupon code

Highlighted

Specifying flat rate shipping for a specific coupon code

I am trying to set up flat rate shipping for an upcoming promotion we are running on specific products. I have set up a tiered coupon code that applies discounts when the customer has one of these sale products in their cart, and that is all working fine. However, I have created a shipping rule to charge a flat rate to anyone who uses the coupon code for this sale. I have the shipping rule set to "Replace" the default shipping rates with a flat rate, but that flat rate never shows up as an option in the checkout. If I just enable flat rate shipping in the Shipping Methods Config, then it shows up for every order, which is not what I want. I only want flat rate shipping for customers who use this specific coupon code. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? It is very easy to specify free shipping for a coupon code, but I can't seem to get this flat rate option to work. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Specifying flat rate shipping for a specific coupon code

Some more details for clarification:

I am not using an extension; I'm just trying to accomplish this in Magento 1.9.4.2.

I am not attempting a shipping rate reduction, but rather a flat shipping rate for each order. Everyone who enters the coupon code should pay $3.50 for shipping. If they don't enter the coupon code, then they should pay our normal shipping table rates.

I have set up a Shipping Rule as follows:

Status: Active; Shipping Carriers: Flat Rate; Shipping Methods: Flat Rate; Coupon Code: [entered]; Days of the week: [all selected]; Priority: 0; Calculation: Replace; Base Rate for the Order: 3.50; all stores and customer groups selected.

Shouldn't a shipping rule with these settings replace the default shipping rate with a flat rate of $3.50?

I work at a university where I manage one ecommerce website. I do not administer the Magento platform for the entire university, and I am not a programmer. 

Highlighted

Re: Specifying flat rate shipping for a specific coupon code

Did you ever find a solution for this? I need to do the same?