cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

States can't be selected while configuring Tax Rates

SOLVED

States can't be selected while configuring Tax Rates

I'm trying to configure Tax Rates base on home state and other states but after selecting home country, unable to select States.

error.png

I'm able to select State if change ountry to US or other except India.

Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: States can't be selected while configuring Tax Rates

@cmpugay,

There isn't an interface so you'll need to execute mysql queries. If you are not familiar with databases maybe you'll prefer to get some tech help to do the work. Isn't too complex but is better if you can request qualified help.

Just an example for one new region:

INSERT INTO directory_country_region(country_id, code, default_name) VALUES ('AR','ba', 'Buenos Aires');

In my example, values are:

• AR: Argentina country code. This value is present into directory_country database table. You'll need to find your country code there. (India code is IN)
  • ba: code for my region (in my example, the name is Buenos Aires so I've choosed ba)
  • Buenos Aires: region name.

You'll need one query per region that you want to add.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @cmpugay,

The reason is not all regions are included by default into Magento.

If you want to add new regions you'll need to add those values into the directory_country_region table (with the country association).

@ Damian,

Thanks for the help. Could you please help me on how to add States Values in directory_country_region table and associate with country.

@cmpugay,

There isn't an interface so you'll need to execute mysql queries. If you are not familiar with databases maybe you'll prefer to get some tech help to do the work. Isn't too complex but is better if you can request qualified help.

Just an example for one new region:

INSERT INTO directory_country_region(country_id, code, default_name) VALUES ('AR','ba', 'Buenos Aires');

In my example, values are:

• AR: Argentina country code. This value is present into directory_country database table. You'll need to find your country code there. (India code is IN)
  • ba: code for my region (in my example, the name is Buenos Aires so I've choosed ba)
  • Buenos Aires: region name.

You'll need one query per region that you want to add.