cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange cart behaviour

Strange cart behaviour

I've set up 3 websites, each with a single store, and single store view. The intention is to support multi-currency.

When I go to the US site (denominated in USD), the shopping cart in the header shows as having an item in the cart priced in GBP. It was added from the UK store which is denominated in GBP. When I navigate to checkout, or to "View and Edit Cart", I get an empty cart.

Surely this is not the expected behaviour. Ideally I'd like to share the cart across all websites so that when a customer changes from say the US to the UK site, that they don't lose thier cart. From a customer perspective, you would not expect to lose your cart just because you want to switch currency.

How can I ideally get this working with a single cart across all websites, or failing that at least make sure that I don't get this anomaly of phantom items in the cart?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Strange cart behaviour

"From a customer perspective, you would not expect to lose your cart just because you want to switch currency."

It is not needed to create multiple websites just for switching the currency. Magento allows multiple currency switching inside a single store view.

Re: Strange cart behaviour

Yes, but this is not true multi-currency. The only way to enable products to be priced in different currencies and have customers check out in those currencies is a multiple website solution.