cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to change quantity for my products (Cent OS 7)

Unable to change quantity for my products (Cent OS 7)

Hello, I have recently imported a large number of items into Magento and I would like to adjust the quantity either through the UI or through the same import method that I have done to add my items there.

A.png

I used an integrator to import my items into Magento and no matter what number for basic quantity or combination of advanced quantity settings pertaining values I've set for any of my items, I can't seem to change the quantity of my item.

B.png

As a result, the quantity still remains as 0. Regardless of logging in/out or even flushing my Magento cache through the UI.

C.png

Do you know what I can do to be able to gain some sort of heightened permissions or some sort of Cent OS command that I will need to enter in order to get this quantity changed?

Any help would much be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Unable to change quantity for my products (Cent OS 7)

Please note that under System > Index Management, I made sure each of these Indexers are set up "UPDATE ON SAVE" as shown here

indexer.png

Hello @joseph_candava 

Please reindex data using SSH command php bin/magento indexer:reindex

it will solve issue for catalog grid. 

I remanded to setup cron as well. 

Thank you 

Hello, @Chiragtaraviya

Thanks for your response. Any help like this means a lot to me.

After using the following command to reindex the data:

php bin/magento indexer:reindex

I attempted to change the quantity after this and the quantity did not change for these products.

I used these commands with the impression that this will setup cron: (from devdocs)

php bin/magento cron:install

bin/magento cron:run

After that, I attempted to change the quantity again after the above and the quantity still did not change for these products.

I received this system message (this may not be a direct result of the above commands)

One or more of the Cache Types are invalidated: Page Cache. Please go to Cache Management and refresh cache types.

As instructed, I performed the refresh by going to the Cache Management page and selected the Page Cache checkbox and clicked submit to perform the dropdown selected action to refresh the selected cache.

At this point, I am still unable to change the quantity of these products at the moment

After analysing these products, they are apparently created differently than the usual "Add Product" button in "Catalog > Products" as they were from a data source connection and are JSON structured data added into my Magento system.

I suspect that there are missing fields for these products in Magento that are essential to making a save or update perform but are refused update as I am unable to configure them on the Administration panel.