cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update by schedule and reindex problem

Update by schedule and reindex problem

Since I changed the index management to "Update by schedule", I have the recurring problem that no products are listed in the categories in the frontend, although they are available and the index status in the backend is indicated as "Ready" for all indexers. Products are only listed in the frontend again when I perform a "Reset" and a subsequent "Reindex" in the backend and clear the cache. The next day, however, they disappear again.
I'm running Magento version 2.3.7-p2, the cronjob is set up as default and is executed every minute. Do I have to manually add the "Reset", "Reindex" and "Cache Clear" command to the cron job so that it works as expected?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Update by schedule and reindex problem

Hello @kempermusic 

Please set the crone job manually to reindex and cache clean for the existing data.

If my answer is helpful full then please set the accept solution flag and kudos flag so other members can take the same reference.

Hello @dipmegpro,
Can you please tell me more about what to do?

Hello @kempermusic 

Please contact the server team member. he will batter guide you.

If my answer is helpful full then please set the accept solution flag and kudos flag so other members can take the same reference.

Unfortunately, the problem has not yet been solved and I cannot figure out what the problem could be.
The indexing mode for all indexers is defined in the backend with "update on save" and the status is "Ready" for all of them. The check via console confirms this:

$ bin/magento indexer:show-mode
Design Config Grid:                                Update by Schedule
Customer Grid:                                     Update by Schedule
Category Products:                                 Update by Schedule
Product Categories:                                Update by Schedule
Catalog Rule Product:                              Update by Schedule
Product EAV:                                       Update by Schedule
Stock:                                             Update by Schedule
Inventory:                                         Update by Schedule
Catalog Product Rule:                              Update by Schedule
Product Price:                                     Update by Schedule
Catalog Search:                                    Update by Schedule
Amasty Customer Group Catalog Rule:                Update by Schedule
$ bin/magento indexer:status
+---------------------------+------------------------------------+--------+-----------+---------------------+---------------------+
| ID                        | Title                              | Status | Update On | Schedule Status     | Schedule Updated    |
+---------------------------+------------------------------------+--------+-----------+---------------------+---------------------+
| amasty_groupcat_product   | Amasty Customer Group Catalog Rule | Ready  | Schedule  | idle (0 in backlog) | 2021-12-09 09:14:03 |
| amasty_groupcat_rule      | Amasty Customer Group Catalog Rule | Ready  | Schedule  | idle (0 in backlog) | 2021-12-09 09:14:03 |
| amasty_groupcat_customer  | Amasty Customer Group Catalog Rule | Ready  | Schedule  | idle (0 in backlog) | 2021-12-09 09:14:03 |
| catalogrule_product       | Catalog Product Rule               | Ready  | Schedule  | idle (0 in backlog) | 2021-12-09 09:14:03 |
| catalogrule_rule          | Catalog Rule Product               | Ready  | Schedule  | idle (0 in backlog) | 2021-12-09 09:14:03 |
| catalogsearch_fulltext    | Catalog Search                     | Ready  | Schedule  | idle (0 in backlog) | 2021-12-09 09:14:03 |
| catalog_category_product  | Category Products                  | Ready  | Schedule  | idle (0 in backlog) | 2021-12-09 09:14:03 |
| customer_grid             | Customer Grid                      | Ready  | Schedule  | idle (0 in backlog) | 2021-12-09 09:14:03 |
| design_config_grid        | Design Config Grid                 | Ready  | Schedule  | idle (0 in backlog) | 2021-12-09 09:14:03 |
| inventory                 | Inventory                          | Ready  | Schedule  | idle (0 in backlog) | 2021-12-09 09:14:03 |
| catalog_product_category  | Product Categories                 | Ready  | Schedule  | idle (0 in backlog) | 2021-12-09 09:14:03 |
| catalog_product_attribute | Product EAV                        | Ready  | Schedule  | idle (0 in backlog) | 2021-12-09 09:14:03 |
| catalog_product_price     | Product Price                      | Ready  | Schedule  | idle (0 in backlog) | 2021-12-09 09:14:03 |
| cataloginventory_stock    | Stock                              | Ready  | Schedule  | idle (0 in backlog) | 2021-12-09 09:14:03 |

Nevertheless, no articles are found in the frontend under the respective categories. Only when I manually trigger a new reindexing and empty the cache are the articles listed.

Neither the cron.log nor the debug.log log errors.

[2021-12-09 08:56:03] main.INFO: Cron Job indexer_reindex_all_invalid is run [] []
[2021-12-09 08:56:03] main.INFO: Cron Job indexer_reindex_all_invalid is successfully finished. Statistics: {"sum":0.014585971832275,"count":1,"realmem":0,"emalloc":333368,"realmem_start":31457280,"emalloc_start":26766528} [] []
[2021-12-09 08:56:03] main.INFO: Cron Job indexer_update_all_views is run [] []

Can someone explain to me why indexing via cron produces a different result than triggering it manually?

The cron job is triggered every minute (Magento standard). Would it be advisable to increase the interval?

Did anyone get this resolved?  I am having the same issue with 2.4.3-p1.  The only solution so far is to run the reindex command separately.  This is a bandaid.

I have the exact same issue with 2.4.3-p1. Manual reindexing displays products in frontend, indexing via cron does not. Solution would be much appreciated!