cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAT ID doesn't show in checkout shipping address

SOLVED

VAT ID doesn't show in checkout shipping address

I'm on a 2.4 dev instance and have enabled both options:

• Stores-> Configurations->Customer->Customer Configuration->Create New Account Options -> Show VAT Number on Storefront ->yes
  • Stores-> Configurations->Customer->Customer Configuration->Name & Address Options -> Show Tax/VAT Number ->required

The VAT number input shows on Account creation page but not in checkout page in Shipping Address. Can anyone help me? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: VAT ID doesn't show in checkout shipping address

Hello @erikcapoccd729 

The VAT number input field in Magento 2 is typically shown on both the account creation page and the checkout page in the shipping address section. However, if it's not showing up on the checkout page, there are a few possible reasons for this:

• VAT configuration:
    • Please make sure that the VAT configuration is enabled in your Magento 2 store. You can check this by going to Stores > Configuration > Customers > Customer Configuration > Name and Address Options.
    • Here, you'll need to ensure that the "Show Tax/VAT Number" option is set to "Yes" for both the "Default Config" and "Store View" scope.

• Theme customization:
    • If you've customized your Magento 2 theme, it's possible that the VAT number input field has been removed or hidden from the checkout page. You'll need to check your theme files and ensure that the input field is included in the checkout page template.
  • Third-party modules:
    • If you're using third-party modules in your Magento 2 store, it's possible that one of these modules is conflicting with the VAT number input field and causing it to not appear on the checkout page. You'll need to disable these modules one by one and see if the VAT number input field appears on the checkout page after each one.

If you find our reply helpful, please give us kudos.

A Leading Magento Development Agency That Delivers Powerful Results, Innovation, and Secure Digital Transformation.

WebDesk Solution Support Team

Get a Free Quote | | Adobe Commerce Partner | Hire Us | Call Us 877.536.3789

Thank You,

Get a Free Quote | Email | Adobe Commerce Partner | Hire Us | Call Us 877.536.3789

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hello @erikcapoccd729 

If your VAT ID is not showing in the checkout shipping address in Magento 2.4, there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue.

Firstly, ensure that the VAT ID field is enabled in your store configuration settings. Navigate to Stores > Configuration > Customers > Customer Configuration > Name and Address Options, and ensure that the "Show Tax/VAT Number" option is set to "Yes".

If the VAT ID field is already enabled, then check that it is visible in the shipping address template. Navigate to Stores > Configuration > Sales > Tax > Tax Classes, and ensure that the "Tax Class for Shipping" option is set to "Taxable Goods".

If the above steps do not resolve the issue, it may be necessary to check for any conflicts with third-party extensions or customizations to the checkout process. You can also try clearing the cache and reindexing the site to ensure that any changes take effect.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now

Thanks for the feedback,

My Show Tax/VAT Number option in Stores > Configuration > Customers > Customer Configuration > Name and Address Options is set to "Required".

In Stores > Configuration > Sales > Tax > Tax Classes->Tax Class for Shipping i have two "Taxable Goods" entries: I tried setting them both but the VAT ID still isn't showing in the checkout shipping address.

I have the MGS claue template as customization and the hevelop/invoice-request which helps us with the electronic billing in Italy. Do you see any possible conflicts here?

Hello @erikcapoccd729 

The VAT number input field in Magento 2 is typically shown on both the account creation page and the checkout page in the shipping address section. However, if it's not showing up on the checkout page, there are a few possible reasons for this:

• VAT configuration:
    • Please make sure that the VAT configuration is enabled in your Magento 2 store. You can check this by going to Stores > Configuration > Customers > Customer Configuration > Name and Address Options.
    • Here, you'll need to ensure that the "Show Tax/VAT Number" option is set to "Yes" for both the "Default Config" and "Store View" scope.

• Theme customization:
    • If you've customized your Magento 2 theme, it's possible that the VAT number input field has been removed or hidden from the checkout page. You'll need to check your theme files and ensure that the input field is included in the checkout page template.
  • Third-party modules:
    • If you're using third-party modules in your Magento 2 store, it's possible that one of these modules is conflicting with the VAT number input field and causing it to not appear on the checkout page. You'll need to disable these modules one by one and see if the VAT number input field appears on the checkout page after each one.

If you find our reply helpful, please give us kudos.

A Leading Magento Development Agency That Delivers Powerful Results, Innovation, and Secure Digital Transformation.

Get a Free Quote | | Adobe Commerce Partner | Hire Us | Call Us 877.536.3789

Thank You,

Get a Free Quote | Email | Adobe Commerce Partner | Hire Us | Call Us 877.536.3789

Hi @johnwebdes40a5,

Thanks for the feedback.

As for the configuration the Show VAT is set to "Required" both in the "Default Config" and "Main Website" scope; as the "Store View" scope I cannot find the option there as I have only the "Show Address in Registration" option which is set to "use website".

I'll let you know about the theme and the modules.

It looks I can't find a solution by searching in templates and extensions.

Can anybody help me by giving some hints on where to start searching?

Thanks

Finally found that the issue has to do with an installed plugin (https://github.com/Hevelop/invoice-request) for managing electronic invoicing in Italy.

It modifies the checkout forms to request VAT detail only if the customer wants the invoice.