cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight Field Missing when Creating a Product

Weight Field Missing when Creating a Product

Hi,

We have the weight attribute set in all of our Attribute Sets however when I attempt to create a product - the attribute is nowhere to be seen on the templates and therefore all products are being saved as 'virtual' products.

How do I get the attribute to show up on the create product page - even though it is showing in the Attribute Set and all other fields in that set are showing?

Thanks

Lind

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Weight Field Missing when Creating a Product

Please publish your attribute set screen and your problem backend product creation screen.

Hi please see below..

Attribute Set:

Attribute Set

Product Creation Page

Please note the attribute is not in any other tab either

Product Creation Page

Attribute

Weight Attribute

Weight Attribute

HI,

I wonder if this ever got resolved?  We have a similar issue.  The weight attribute simply doesn't show on a new product page, making all products default to Virtual products.

Interestingly, if we add configurations to a product, the weight field shows up in the configurations.  If we then add a weight, the weight is not written to the database on save.  So we end up with a Simple product that has no weight.

I noticed there is a weight_type field in the database and every product entry is set to Null.  I'm wondering if that should be something else?  Most of our products were imported from an old system, so maybe the Null field is messing something up? I can't find what the options for weight_type are.

Thanks for any help, clues or suggestions.

Adrienne

Hi,

I am also having this issue as well - exactly as FaeriesDance described

Anyone worked out how to solve?