cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the Best Way to Manage Product Attributes for My Store?

What is the Best Way to Manage Product Attributes for My Store?

Our Magento EC website is almost ready to open but there is one thing we are struggling with at the moment, which is how we should manage our product attributes.

Our products have more than 500 characters from more than 100 series of animation series. 

Here is the example;

Animation Title ①

Character: A,B,C,D,E,F,G

Animation Title ②

Character: H,I,J,K,L

Animation Title ③

Character: O,P,Q,R,S,T,U

We try to make a product attribute for each animation title and add all character in it, which works well with only one title but if we keep adding more and more titles as a product attribute, our attribute set is full of attributes for all series or we need to make one attribute set per title, which also makes our attribute set messy I think.

Whenever we make configurable products to easily add all characters available, in the end Magento asks us in which attribute set we want the product attribute to be but to be honest we don't want to add them into any attribute set if possible.

It would be appreciated if any of you have similar issues and willingly share your solutions with us. Thank you for your support in advance.

1 REPLY 1

Re: What is the Best Way to Manage Product Attributes for My Store?

Hello there,

Our Advanced Product Options extension for Magento 2 will do the job perfectly.

The only question is whether you need those letters in Layered Navigation or not. If not, then the extension will help you achieve that 100%.

Should you have more questions, or need clarifications, feel free to contact our support team directly at support@mageworx.com.

---------------------------------------------------------

If you've found one of our answers useful, please give 'Kudos' or 'Accept as Solution'.