cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When creating a configurable product all attributes show for the attribute set selected

When creating a configurable product all attributes show for the attribute set selected

I would appreciate some help with the following: When creating configurations for an attribute set, all the attributes show and not solely the ones I have assigned to the attribute set. I would like to only be able to select from the attributes I have assigned to the attribute set and not all the attributes available, only the ones assigned to my attribute set.

Example, I have created an attribute set (myattributeset) and assigned 5 (1,2,3,4,5) attributes to it.

I proceed to create a configurable product, I choose the attribute set (myattributeset) and add all required details such as price, stock etc.

I then proceed to create configurations for it, what happens is that all attributes show to be selected, even the ones not assigned to the attribute set?

How can I only display the attributes assigned to the attribute set and not show any other attributes when am creating configurations?

Even when I edit the attribute set and drag the attributes to the right of the screen to not be included in the attribute set, they still display in the configurations section within the product creation page in the backend of Magento 2.2.3.

Has anybody else come across this and has found a workaround or solution to this? Anything that I could try or follow to achieve what I would like, will be a lifesaver.

Thanks so much in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: When creating a configurable product all attributes show for the attribute set selected

Hi @m2newbie,

Can you share your attributes (those attributes you've created) configuration?

Re: When creating a configurable product all attributes show for the attribute set selected

Hi @Damian Culotta

Thanks for the response.

The attribute configurations as you have requested can be seen in this video as well as the attribute set which has the assigned and unassigned attributes: http://www.screencast.com/t/BB4mnkIxse

In this screenshot, I create configurations when creating a configurable product with the attribute set selected in above video which shows all the attributes and not the 3 attributes I have assigned: http://www.screencast.com/t/ma4Vhmzu

As you can see as an example 4 attribute in the video and above screenshot is shown in the configurations but unassigned in the attribute set along with the other attributes which are shown but not assigned.

Any idea why this is?

Also, one attribute is not visible in the create configurations and noticed that it is due to possibly being a "Multiple Select" attribute, does Magento 2 configurable product not allow configurations for "Multiple Select" attributes? 

Thanks in advance Damian for any guidance or troubleshooting.

Bumping this, can any one please help or provide direction for this?

Hi @m2newbie 

Did you solve the problem ?

Hi @m2newbie 

Do you have any solution?