cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are store "System Values" configured ?

Where are store "System Values" configured ?

i'm just setting up my first magento 2.1.1 store from scratch.

When going into Stores>Configuration>Default Configuration all values are greyed out and the check marks on "Use System Value" are all set. I know i can uncheck them and configure them for specific store views but i'm wondering where these system values are set up.

In Magento 1.x these System Values were configured in the default configuration and the "Use Default" checkmarks to override were avilable only in websites and stores, where is it in M2 ?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Where are store "System Values" configured ?

I'm also wondering.

Is it taken from the server OS settings or from some file in Magento 2 ?

I am facing the same question.  The issue presents itself in many sections, not just Stores -> Configuration.  Some values are greyed out, which cannot seem to be changed.  (and yes, I have switched through all store scopes, websites, and views, burning up many hours - slow as molasses.)  It's particularly complex once you attempt to setup multi-stores.  I am determined to get a multi store configuration working.

I'm just going to reference this answer from Marius:

https://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/165449/magento-2-default-system-values

Short summary: Just uncheck the "Use System Value" box and configure your own parameters for your shop/StoreView and youre going to be fine. If you want to change the system value, you have to write your own module, as the "Use System Value" is basically used as get back to factory settings.