cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

advanced menu missing

SOLVED

advanced menu missing

Hi,

using a fresh installation of 2.2.1 here. I've noticed  in admin -> store -> configuration -> advanced I have only 3 links, admin, system and developer, wondering where advanced is gone. I've read around I need to set developer mode, but I did:

Current application mode: developer. (Note: Environment variables may override this value.)

still advanced menu is missing.

Any hint?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: advanced menu missing

From Magento 2.2.* Now Advanced Menu is no longer available. You cant got those options from Configuration.

The ability to disable module output has been removed from Admin.  You disabled module output from Admin in a previous release of 2.0.x and 2.1.x, Now you must manually configure these settings from app/etc/config.php file.
If Issue Solved, Click Kudos/Accept As solutions. Get Magento insight from
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

From Magento 2.2.* Now Advanced Menu is no longer available. You cant got those options from Configuration.

The ability to disable module output has been removed from Admin.  You disabled module output from Admin in a previous release of 2.0.x and 2.1.x, Now you must manually configure these settings from app/etc/config.php file.
If Issue Solved, Click Kudos/Accept As solutions. Get Magento insight from
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

Hello Rakesh,

thanks a lot for pointing that out. Then the docs should be updated:

http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.2/config-guide/cron/custom-cron-tut.html

thank you

Hello,

Sorry but i don't understand why Magento developpers have removed such an important screen :

How are we supposed to list enabled/disabled extensions from web now ?

Are we supposed to use console only for this ?

This is very disapointing...

What about disabling the module output for specific Store View? Is that still possible? If yes, could you please advise where to look?

Thank you!

Hi @sokoloff06

From Magento 2.2 onwards - Ability to disable module output has been removed from admin panel.

The ability to disable module output has been removed from Admin. If you disabled module output from Admin in a previous release, you must manually configure these settings. See Disable module output for details.

Read release notes for more details - http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.2/release-notes/ReleaseNotes2.2.0CE.html

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Hi @Manthan Dave, thank you for the response!

This is really helpful and great to know!

However, I am not sure I can see any ways to disable module output for the specific Store View. If you could please point this out, I would be really grateful!

Thank you in advance!

Hi @sokoloff06

Well , AKAIK right now there is no way to disable any module output for specific store view.

if you wanted to disabled module - then you can do it by two ways.

run this command - php bin/magento module:disable VendorName_ModuleName

Second is - in your app/etc/config.php find your module Name and  put its value to 0 - then run upgrade command , so it will disabled.

Here is the reference link for the same - http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.2/config-guide/config/disable-module-output.html

Thanks, man @Manthan Dave!

It's disappointing. Before, when it was in the Admin, we could disable module output for specific Configuration Scope (different Store Views for example).

Thank you anyways, will think of a workaround!

Hi @sokoloff06 - I understand your concern and you are 100% right previously , there is option to do this - but as i mention from magento 2.2.2 on wards - this option is remove from magento 2 admin panel so.