cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

currency not update from cron

currency not update from cron

Hello magento 2 experts!!!

I  instal magento2 on ubuntu and it works great. I can go into back end and update currency from fixer.io. They always update when i do it manually. I set the right option to update at 1:00:00 am each day, enable service but nothing gets updated. When I run cron manually using 

sudo php bin/magento cron:run

I get Cron run by scedule so it think all is ok but still no update. 

What need i do to update by itself thank you

4 REPLIES 4

Re: currency not update from cron

Hi @brettmozee,

Did you check at the cron_schedule table to see if there is some special message?

Documentation: http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.2/config-guide/cli/config-cli-subcommands-cron.html#logging

Did you found something into the *cron.log files?

The log has these does that mean it should be working?

The log shows run at 7 36 the time in backend for update is 1 00 am

[2017-10-31 07:36:24] main.INFO: Add of item with id Magento_CurrencySymbol::system_currency was processed [] []
[2017-10-31 07:36:24] main.INFO: Add of item with id Magento_CurrencySymbol::system_currency_rates was processed [] []
[2017-10-31 07:36:24] main.INFO: Add of item with id Magento_CurrencySymbol::system_currency_symbols was processed [] []

Now I know where the logs are, could I ask if you expect to see the values stamped in them of the old and new currencies? Today I check and there is no update  to them.

My suggestion was, basically, to try to find some error.

Maybe you can test 2 other things:

Execute the cronjobs manually:

bin/magento cron:run 

Here you'll find more information.

And also you can take a look into the database to the cron_schedule table to see if all times the result was successful or not.