cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

discount code applying to all cart items, not just the item that meets the condition

SOLVED

discount code applying to all cart items, not just the item that meets the condition

so i created a cart price rule and it works as it should. except it applies the discount amount to the entire cart. i want it to apply to only the item in the cart that meets the category condition in the cart price rule.

so, if coupon gives 10% off category called shirts then i want 10% off the shirt in the cart and not something from another category like pants. problem is if you have a shirt in the cart, and then add pants, it takes 10% off entire cart and therefore 10% off pants as well.

what am i missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: discount code applying to all cart items, not just the item that meets the condition

solved my problem. i must have been tired. so under the actions tab there is a section: "Apply the rule only to cart items matching the following conditions (leave blank for all items)." It is here that you would say:

If ALL of these conditions are TRUE: Category is shirts 

for some reason last night i thought this entire area was about the shipping/free shipping. anyway there ya go.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Re: discount code applying to all cart items, not just the item that meets the condition

I am using Magento 1.7. The issue is I have created a rule using these conditions and that works If ALL of these conditions are TRUE : If an item is FOUND in the cart with ALL of these conditions true: Bag Size is 11.5 Brand is XYZ But when I only want to apply it to the above products and not the whole cart with the same actions Apply the rule only to cart items matching the following conditions (leave blank for all items) If ALL of these conditions are TRUE : Bag Size is 11.5 Brand is XYZ It doesnt work. No discount is applied when using the actions tab - apply rule. Please help. Please see the screenshots below see: Bluestacks TextNow Photomath

solved my problem. i must have been tired. so under the actions tab there is a section: "Apply the rule only to cart items matching the following conditions (leave blank for all items)." It is here that you would say:

If ALL of these conditions are TRUE: Category is shirts 

for some reason last night i thought this entire area was about the shipping/free shipping. anyway there ya go.