cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help email notification when a user signs up to my site they don't get a email notification

SOLVED

help email notification when a user signs up to my site they don't get a email notification

email notification are not working on my site can someone please help urgent, ive selected the relevant boxes in the backend but I cant seemed to get it working being trying for a week now its not only when some signs up its also when someone purchases a product , ive even install a fresh installation and its still not working got a deadline for this project and need to get it done but its worthless if the email notification isn't working can someone help, and I missing something usually on other platform if someone signs up you choose the setting in the backend for email to be sent out then it works can someone help pleaseMan Sad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: help email notification when a user signs up to my site they don't get a email notification

Solved this issue by installing SMTP pro and using my gmail account and then following the instructions and then installing AOE scheduler now I have my emails working

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Re: help email notification when a user signs up to my site they don't get a email notification

I'm also on a vps server no issue on the servers apparently after speaking to live support, is anyone using bluehost and managed to get the email alerts to work effectively ?

Hi @ImDaBoss

Do you mean to say that not email is getting triggered fro your application?

Do you have email service enabled on your server? Please create a custom php email script and try to run it in your application root. So that you can verify that email service is working.

Did you see any error messages in exception.log and system.log fines  under var/log directory?

---
Problem Solved Click Accept as Solution!:Magento Community India Forum

I believe so. I think I do its a vps hosting package with bluehost so yes it should be enabled,  one thing do I have to SMTP for emails to be generated in magento ? ive just tried to set up gmail with SMTP,  the queue log is now saying 2016-10-05T16:37:01+00:00 ERR (3):
exception 'Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception' with message '5.7.8 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at
 5.7.8  https://support.google.com/mail/?p=BadCredentials wd7sm15531767pab.2 - gsmtp

but the password is correct

by the way thanks for you quick reply

Solved this issue by installing SMTP pro and using my gmail account and then following the instructions and then installing AOE scheduler now I have my emails working