cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to add an item to shopping cart without being transferred to a shopping cart page

SOLVED

how to add an item to shopping cart without being transferred to a shopping cart page

I want the customers to be able to add item to shopping cart without being transferred to a shopping cart page right away. Same if they want to transfer an item from a wishlist to a shopping cart.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: how to add an item to shopping cart without being transferred to a shopping cart page

Hi @Zekinah Lecaros

Yes i got your point !

try the solution i have given like -  From the Magento admin panel ,  go to store ->configurations -> sales ->checkout  -> Find After Adding a Product Redirect to Shopping Cart -> Set this option to No

then check it will not redirect to cart page but it will shows message that your product is added into the cart and then as you mention you need to click on view cart button - to go on cart page !

Hope it helps

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Re: how to add an item to shopping cart without being transferred to a shopping cart page

Hi @Zekinah Lecaros

Welcome to the magento community forum.

Did it mean - when you click on add to cart button - customer don't redirect to cart page and it will stay on the same like product listing page or product details page ? this is what you wanted to achieve ?

If yes - then logged in to your magento backend admin panel - go to store ->configurations -> sales ->checkout  -> After Adding a Product Redirect to Shopping Cart -> Set this option to No

click on save and clear the cache and then check - it will works for you !

@Manthan Dave, I want to my customer, when they click add to cart they will stay on the product list page or product details page but the product is still be added to the cart. and if they want to see the cart they will click the View cart instead.

Hi @Zekinah Lecaros

Yes i got your point !

try the solution i have given like -  From the Magento admin panel ,  go to store ->configurations -> sales ->checkout  -> Find After Adding a Product Redirect to Shopping Cart -> Set this option to No

then check it will not redirect to cart page but it will shows message that your product is added into the cart and then as you mention you need to click on view cart button - to go on cart page !

Hope it helps

Thanks for your help @Manthan Dave

Hi

If for magento 1.9 as well option is there , kindly refer this url - http://www.richardcarterconsultancy.com/blog/disabling-redirect-checkout-magento-adding-product/

on the above link - they have explained with screenshot so you will get the idea for the same ..

Hope it helps

Happy to help and keep helping Smiley Happy