cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple language 404 error

multiple language 404 error

Magento 2.4.7 

Developing on local host , I have 2 languages ( English, French ) . in product detail page , I can switch to 2end language , however, I noticed, breadcrumb from Category > sub cat > ..etc 

changes to Home > Product title 

Clicking on back button on browser , will display 404 page not found . I have no idea why , it might be URL Rewrite ? 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: multiple language 404 error

I think issue was the cookies. i reset the cookies and things are seems to be working for now 

Re: multiple language 404 error

Hello @tonysargma79f8,

The issue you're experiencing with the breadcrumbs and 404 errors when switching languages in Magento 2.4.7 could indeed be related to URL rewrites or store view configurations.

Check URL Rewrites:

Magento uses URL rewrites to manage SEO-friendly URLs for different store views and languages. Ensure that the URL rewrites are correctly configured for both English and French store views.

1.Steps to Check URL Rewrites:

1. Admin Panel: Go to Marketing > SEO & Search > URL Rewrites.
  2. Filter by Store View: Use the filter options to check the URL rewrites for both the English and French store views.
  3. Consistency Check: Make sure that each product, category, and CMS page has the correct URL rewrites in both languages.

2. Category and Product URL Keys:

Ensure that the URL keys for categories and products are correctly translated and unique for each store view.

Steps to Check URL Keys:

1. Admin Panel: Go to Catalog > Products and Catalog > Categories.
  2. Edit Product/Category: Select a product or category, switch to the appropriate store view, and check the URL Key field.
  3. Uniqueness: Ensure the URL keys are unique and correctly translated for each store view.

3. Breadcrumb Configuration:

Breadcrumbs in Magento are generated based on the URL path and category hierarchy. If switching languages causes the breadcrumb to reset to "Home > Product Title," it might indicate that the product is not correctly associated with its categories in the secondary language.

Steps to Check Breadcrumb Configuration:

1. Product Category Association:
    • Go to Catalog > Products.
    • Edit a product and switch to the secondary store view (French).
    • Ensure the product is correctly assigned to the relevant categories in this store view.
  2. Category URL Path:
    • Go to Catalog > Categories.
    • Edit the categories and check the URL Key and URL Path for the secondary store view.

Sometimes it is an issue of cookies too so clear the cookies and check again it should work.

If the issue will be resolved, Click Kudos & Accept as a Solution.