cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my shipping methods list won't let me enable other options?

SOLVED

my shipping methods list won't let me enable other options?

I have "Free" shipping enabled and I have a shipping label service linked that reads the order information from Magento and sets up the label purchase and print functions. 

I want to enable USPS with my account, but the all of the "enable" methods fields are locked out by the "Use system value" checkbox.

How can I enable another shipping method? What would cause them all to be locked? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: my shipping methods list won't let me enable other options?

Are you sure that you weren't on a store scope view by accident? If you go back to the default view, do the options become available again? If not, can you share which fields are greyed out?

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Are you sure that you weren't on a store scope view by accident? If you go back to the default view, do the options become available again? If not, can you share which fields are greyed out?

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

ohmygoodness!

That was exactly it. I went and changed the view and all the shipping methods became editable again. 

Thank you! 

I have only one store, actually.

It's the default config store view that is locking out the shipping methods' functionality. I was able to change the store view to "Main Website" to enable the fedEx as a shipping option. However, it doesn't seem to be manifesting on my store front. It works fine on my development site, with the default config store view allowing access to change all the shipping method options... 

Smiley Sad

Also, It will not let me put the store into "Single-Store Mode." I just don't have access to that function. 

It is my shipping integration locking out my admin shipping settings options. This is the way the shipping integration functions so that it is controlled in the third party platform. 

It's all good.

Smiley Happy