cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

prerequisite for multistore Magento 2.2

SOLVED

prerequisite for multistore Magento 2.2

I was just wondering if there is anything I need to do now when building a new Magento2.2 website, if I might decide later to make it into a multistore?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: prerequisite for multistore Magento 2.2

Hi @BrandCommerce

Well , from the beginning i would say , to install magento 2.2.x - you really required to have all the technology components ready on the platform - here is the technology stack link - https://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.2/install-gde/system-requirements-tech.html mu

Re : create new multi-store , make sure you are clear with the business requirement lets say if you are looking for a separate payment  method, separate shipping method or i would say separate customers then you should go with multi website

Or if you wanted to share cart or any minor layout tweaks at frontend - then you should go with multistore concept !

Apart from that , there is no default prerequisite required for multistore on magento 2.2

Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @BrandCommerce

Well , from the beginning i would say , to install magento 2.2.x - you really required to have all the technology components ready on the platform - here is the technology stack link - https://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.2/install-gde/system-requirements-tech.html mu

Re : create new multi-store , make sure you are clear with the business requirement lets say if you are looking for a separate payment  method, separate shipping method or i would say separate customers then you should go with multi website

Or if you wanted to share cart or any minor layout tweaks at frontend - then you should go with multistore concept !

Apart from that , there is no default prerequisite required for multistore on magento 2.2

Hope it helps !

So just to be clear, I can set up a single store now and then elect to convert it into a multi store later.  I need to be sure of this before I start a new development project.

Hi @BrandCommerce

Yes , that's perfectly correct !

By default magento already have default store , later on if you wanted to add new store - then you can easily add from magento backend !

It will works in smoother manner , no issues will occurred if you add new store 

Hope it helps !