Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shipping price vs. destination

shipping price vs. destination

Hi,

I have configured my Magento with two type of price:

In my town, Oslo with zip codes,150NOK

Outside of my town 350NOKshipping.jpg

Everything works, but shipping is starting from 350NOK in the checkout page!

and it is scaring customers!

shipping2.jpg

I would like that shipping calculation start to calculate from 150NOK, if not other destinations are defind in the first place.

Is it possible?

Thanks in advance :-)

1 REPLY 1

Re: shipping price vs. destination

An asterisk (*) is a wildcard, representing all possible results in a category. That means, if you're going to use an * in a column that has other real values (in this case, 0001, 0010, 0015), you're going to want to want to put the rows with the * at the very bottom of the sheet. This way, Magento first checks to see the shipping price for 0001, then 0010, then 0015, and if the order isn't destined for one of those locations, then and only then it reaches the *.

Here's a good step by step I found at https://www.webnexs.com/blog/kb/table-rate-shipping-method-magento-2/ (see step 4): 

• Use an asterisk (*) as a wildcard to represent all possible values in any category.
  • Each row in a Country column should have a valid three-character code.
  • Sort the data by Region/State so the specific locations are at the top of the list, and the wildcard locations at the bottom. This will be enforced by the absolute values of the rules first and after the wildcard values.

Hopefully, this resolves your issue. 

Best of luck!