cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to add additional phtml to each shipping method

0 Kudos

Ability to add additional phtml to each shipping method

Feature request from toonvd, posted on GitHub Jul 28, 2015

This was not possible in Magento 1 for shipping methods but was for payment methods. This makes shipping extension creators override phtmls every time. Could it be usefull to make sure we can do this in Magento 2?

To be clear, I want shipping method - custom template file, shipping method - custom template file (not required to add one tough)

21 Comments
apiuser
Status changed to: Investigating

apiuser

Comment from jeroenvermeulen, posted on GitHub Jul 28, 2015

+1

apiuser

Comment from wsakaren, posted on GitHub Jul 28, 2015

shipping method or shipping carrier? They are different things. Shipping Carriers, yes totally.

apiuser

Comment from alankent, posted on GitHub Jul 28, 2015

A really useful technique is to propose example code of exactly how you would like it. It makes it concrete, more likely to be what you need, others can review publicly as well, etc. Don't spend too much time, optional, but it does help keep things moving along. We of course will review and make sure it fits in with the overall story.

apiuser

Comment from toonvd, posted on GitHub Jul 28, 2015

@alankent good idea, will have to dive in Mage2 again then ^^

apiuser

Comment from pronto2000, posted on GitHub Jul 29, 2015

+1 here as well -- thing is that around here most popular delivery method is parcel point delivery; while choosing delivery method one chooses a parcel point and picks it up from there (I think Amazon recently launched something like that as well). Traditional carriers may offer it as an additional shipping method.

To achieve it I added dropdown to the payment method list phtml file fully knowing that whoever does something like that in another extension there's going to be a conflict. Having an extra phtml block similar to saved CC would make this problem go away.

apiuser

Comment from sandermangel, posted on GitHub Jul 29, 2015

+1 from me too!

apiuser

Comment from janssensjelle, posted on GitHub Jul 29, 2015

+1

apiuser

Comment from janbuelens, posted on GitHub Jul 29, 2015

+1

apiuser

Comment from jokeputs, posted on GitHub Jul 29, 2015

+1