cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admin dashboard tabs.

Admin dashboard tabs.

Feature request from tzyganu, posted on GitHub Sep 29, 2014

I don't know if this is on your todo list but I thought It would be good to throw it in here.
The tabs (and maybe all the elements) in the admin dashboard could be generated in a more abstract form.
I mean, the dashboard should be just a list of placeholders that can be filled in by the rest of the modules.
Right now the Magento\Backend\Block\Dashboard\Grids::_prepareLayout contains 4 hardcoded tabs that should be moved in the correct module.
For example Bestsellers and Most Viewed Products could be part of the reports module, New Customers of course in the customer module and so on.
Also a way to add custom tabs could be nice. I know about interceptors, but I'm not exactly sure I can intercept a protected method.

4 Comments
apiuser
Status changed to: Investigating

apiuser

Comment from gfxguru, posted on GitHub Oct 10, 2014

I like this idea. A more flexible dashboard would be great.... with the ability to manipulate what report is shown maybe?

apiuser

Comment from gfxguru, posted on GitHub Oct 10, 2014

I've always wanted to be able to pull Google data such as analytics traffic, conversion, etc. and present this data on the dashboard. This would be a great place to present key data for a store owner.

apiuser

Comment from vpelipenko, posted on GitHub Jan 29, 2015

Internal ticket: MAGETWO-29018