cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All store pages are uncached after one order with one product?

0 Kudos

All store pages are uncached after one order with one product?

Feature request from andidhouse, posted on GitHub May 06, 2016

Hi there,

we are facing a huge problem regarding the magento own caching.

We installed version 2.0.5 - all ok so far. We installed sample data medium - all ok so far.

We crawled the hole site so every page is in the magento own cache.

But if we only place one order with one product ALL pages of the whole shop are uncached again?

Is this a bug or the normal magento cache behavior. In version 1.7 only the pages are uncached which belong to the order (products and category of the products).

Many thanks!

35 Comments
apiuser
Status changed to: Investigating

apiuser

Comment from pboisvert, posted on GitHub May 06, 2016

Chuck--can you get this to the team to test if they are seeing the same?

apiuser

Comment from rafaelstz, posted on GitHub May 06, 2016

What is your deploy mode?

apiuser

Comment from andidhouse, posted on GitHub May 06, 2016

you mean magento mode?

Current application mode: default.

apiuser

Comment from joebusby, posted on GitHub May 06, 2016

I am getting the same or very similar with each order invalidating the page cache. With all the variations (over 300) we have for a configurable product, flushing the cache means the customer will wait quite a while to get the first product to respond after an order is placed by anyone. The varnish cache can't help with this. Any ideas for a workaround or what I have wrong?

Production mode with paypal flo pro

Running 2600 products on 2.0.5 and debian 8 on an LXC container with 3gb, 6 cores and php 5.6

apiuser

Comment from joanhe, posted on GitHub May 06, 2016

@andidhouse @joebusby What kind of cache do you use: builtin or Varnish?

apiuser

Comment from choukalos, posted on GitHub May 06, 2016

Created internal ticket: MAGETWO-52605 for tracking; assigned as bug.

apiuser

Comment from joebusby, posted on GitHub May 06, 2016

http goes through varnish https goes to the server direct via forwarding ports 80 and 443

As required, the internal cache is enabled, but varnish is selected and configured via: Stores/Configuration/Advanced/System/Full Page Cache with the VCL file exported and plugged into varnish. It works fine except the problematic breaks in the "Page Cache" validation, and the occasional problem with paypal "transparent redirect" tech. As I recall, the problem exists with or without varnish, but I can test this if necessary. This was a "luma" with sample data re-build job and almost all the sample data is gone.

Order still flow into the system, but we get to have the "Please go to Cache Management and refresh cache types." banner to remind us to "flush and crawl" the cache and site to get it going again.

I'm not sure if it matters, but the web upgrade process won't work, so I have been upgrading via the command line process. php bin/magento setup:upgrade and php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy as I recall

Hope that helps

apiuser

Comment from andidhouse, posted on GitHub May 07, 2016

Hi there,

we use the built in cache. The same happens if we save a category - all pages are uncached after saving.

Is there maybe a way of a wrong setup in magento backend that can cause this or a wrong mode like developer mode the system is running on etc?

apiuser

Comment from andidhouse, posted on GitHub May 08, 2016

We had a magento developer looking over this topic and it really looks like magento itself is clearing all cache data after each order:

"On checkout success page, magento clear category tags that related with purchased product (catalog_category_226,catalog_category). Catalog inventory module dispatch cache clean task."

Can someone other confirm this bug on as well on a 2.0.5 system?